Where: Adelaide, SA
When: Wed 15th Nov 2017, 18:00 – 20:30 (2 hours, 30 minutes)
What is 10x10 about?
10x10's mission is to fight apathy & engender a culture of giving & philanthropy within Australia's young professional & creative communities. This is achieved through live crowdfunding, dragons den-style events that provide a forum for participants to give to young and emerging charities in a scalable and sustainable way.
How does it work?
1. 10 volunteer committee members organise a charity event (1 x venue, 3 x charities, Dragon, food & drink).
2. Each committee member invites at least 10 of their friends to purchase a $100 ticket (or more) to attend the event (10x10... get it?) creating a pool of at least $10K.
3. Upon arrival, each attendee is given 'Charity Dollars' equal to the value of their ticket.
4. After drinks and canapes, attendees are seated to watch the #Dragonforgood question the three chosen charities who pitch, to you the audience, their cause, model and impact.
5. Each attendee then decides directly who they want to give their ‘Charity Dollars’ to.
6. Charities receive 100% of the funds raised minus a 7.5% project fee to 10x10 to cover admin and overhead costs.
7. You will then receive a tax deductible receipt 4-6 weeks from the charity post the event.
In conversation with Nicole Richards at the Philanthropy Meets Parliament Summit, Daniel Lee shared his insights on topics including the role of philanthropy as a driver of systems change which addresses root causes of social challenges, the relationship between philanthropy and government and what the new political environment in the United States means for philanthropy.
Sign up for a free edition of our weekly newsletter to have sector news, views and resources delivered straight to your inbox.