Grant-Seeker Workshop and Prospect Research Training (Major Gifts)
Where: Melbourne VIC
Wed 11th Oct 2017, 13:00 – 14:00 (1 hour)
The Grant-Seeker Workshop will deliver:
- an overview of the grants landscape
- steps to ensuring your organisation is 'grant ready'
- advice on project packaging, developing grant-ready project plans, and setting up internal processes to succeed
- feedback from funders on why applications do or don't succeed
- tips on relationship building
- how to write a great grant application, including examples of good and bad responses
- next steps when an application is successful or unsuccessful, and effective reporting, acquittal and stewardship strategies
- a Strategic Grants Project Information Template and a Grant-Writing Checklist to assist participants with implementing learnings.
Based on our interaction with both funders and grant recipients, this workshop provides best-practice strategies for grant-seeking as well as the opportunity to discuss challenges and examples drawn from attendees' experiences.
The Prospect Research Training session will deliver:
- An overview of the potential: wealth in Australia
- Key developments in major gift philanthropy
- How prospect research can help in your major gift program, and what are the key questions to ask
- Some key tools and resources to help you answer those questions
- How to use the information you find effectively in your fundraising strategy
- How to use research to help you to determine ask amounts
- Participants receive a free copy of our new book Understanding Major Donors: a Guide to Prospect Research for Australian Fundraisers.
In this fact-packed session, FR&C’s experienced researchers outline the growing importance of major gift philanthropy in Australia, and take you through the key resources you need to carry out effective prospect research and put it to use in your fundraising strategy.