Flood relief - Victoria, Cyclone relief - Queensland
Floods continue to impact Australian communities, in both Queensland and Victoria, and Cyclone Yasi has caused widespread destruction in Queensland.
- The Australian Red Cross is collecting funds for the Victorian Floods Appeal.
- We have not yet confirmed what the primary appeals for Cyclone Yasi will be, but will keep readers informed.
- The Department of Human Services has a page on advice and assistance for Victorians impacted by the floods.
- The primary Queensland flood appeal continues to be the Premier’s Disaster Relief Fund which is an item 2 DGR. Please note that we have been notified that the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Fund operates both an item 2 and an item 1 DGR. Members who are Private Ancillary Funds and Public Ancillary Funds must request a tax receipt under the item 1 charity (ABN 82 378 381 789) in order to comply with their legal requirement not to fund item 2 DGRs.
- PAFs and PuAFs wishing to donate to flood relief may wish to speak to the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) which is an item 1 DGR and has experience in providing post natural disaster grants programs
Philanthropy Australia is coordinating Member meetings in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane to focus on philanthropy’s role in relieving these disasters.
Feb. 03, 2011