The National Compact Joint Taskforce met for the first time on May 11 2009 to commence drafting of a new Compact between the Australian Government and the third sector. The Taskforce will comprise 18 representatives from non-profit organisations, Commonwealth Government agencies, local government and the Australian Council of Trade Unions. It will be chaired by Mr John Atkin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Trust Company Limited.
The role of the Taskforce is to develop a framework for the Compact containing key priorities and principles for the relationship between Government and non-profit organisations.
The Taskforce will meet again on 15 June 2009 and 6 July 2009, and will also convene a workshop with a wider range of third sector representatives on 20-21 July 2009.
A list of members follows:
- John Atkin (Chair), Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Trust Company Ltd
- Lynne Dalton, CEO, Centre for Volunteering NSW
- Toby Hall, Chief Executive Officer, Mission Australia
- Phil Harrison, Director, Corporate and Government Affairs, Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Kristen Hilton, Public Interest Law Clearing House
- Jill Lang, Director, Queensland Council of Social Service
- Barry Sheehan, Director, Centacare Toowoomba
- Natalie Walker, Chief Executive of the Aboriginal Employment Strategy
- Mary Agostino, Manager, Family Services, Whittlesea Council
- John Ryan, Community Campaign Co-ordinator, Australian Council of Trade Unions
- and representatives from various Australian Government agencies.
Click here to read the press release
May. 13, 2009
Sign up to our weekly e-newsletter for sector news, expert opinion and resources.