Nonprofit sector reform update
Treasury has released the first edition of its Not-For-Profit Reform Newsletter, which can be downloaded from Treasury’s website in either PDF or Word format.
The newsletter includes some information on the near future of the reform process. Upcoming developments include:
- Statutory Definition of Charity: consultation paper expected October 2011, exposure draft legislation expected in first half of 2012
- Second exposure draft of ‘In Australia’ special conditions legislation: expected late 2011
- Exposure draft relating to ‘Better targeting of tax concessions’: expected late 2011
- Discussion paper on a national approach to fundraising regulation: expected late 2011
- Legislation relating to establishment of the ACNC: expected late 2011
- Review of corporations limited by guarantee and governance arrangements for not-for-profits: expected late 2011
You can subscribe to the newsletter by emailing NFPReform@treasury.gov.au.
Oct. 17, 2011