Monday, 13 Feb 2023
Philanthropy Australia (PA) is the national peak body for philanthropy. With a vision of a generous and inclusive Australia, we are driven by our purpose to inspire more and better philanthropy.
The behaviours that underpin our values of Respect, Trust, Humility, Impact, Celebration and Sharing are the foundation of all we do.
We are an independent organisation with more than 750 trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our members and partners. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and creating positive social change.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, supportive and inspiring people, who are driven by our purpose and values.
Working at Philanthropy Australia means you have access to benefits, such as:
• Additional 1 week of leave for Reflection Leave after 12 months of service
• Flexible and hybrid ways of working
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous paid parental and partner leave after 12 months of service
• A generous L&D budget
• Learning opportunities, particularly around philanthropy, the not-for-profit sector and specific causes.
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda as outlined in PA’s 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan .
PA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We strive to have diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, including, First Nations people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTQIA+ people, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that sees human difference as a strength and supports our vision for a generous and inclusive Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
PA’s events are central to our work supporting our members and in inspiring more and better philanthropy.
Reporting to the Director, Learning & Content, the Events Officer will focus on operational support for the coordination and delivery of PA’s events and programs which include:
- Philanthropy Australia National Conference
- Philanthropy Meets Parliament Summit
- Australian Philanthropy Awards
- National Thought Leadership Series
- Webinar Series
- Peer Network events
- Other partnered events and programs.
It is a multi-tasking role covering both in-person and virtual activities in a fast-paced team environment.
The person in this role will have strong administration and project coordination experience, a keen eye for detail and be able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities at once.
- Provide logistics support to the National Events Manager to deliver PA’s events and programs– including but not limited to event planning, venue booking, supplier liaising, registration tracking, document developing, onsite event executing, etc.
- Coordinate the Australian Philanthropy Awards process and assist with the execution of the celebration event
- Support the development of briefing documents and run sheets to ensure the smooth running of events
- Manage and monitor internal systems, including email accounts, CRM and event registrations accurately
- Work closely with the Membership Services Team and Marketing & Communications teams to share upcoming events and provide relevant information to support promotion
- Negotiate and work with suppliers and contractors to ensure the services and products they provided are in line with PA’s requirements and industrial standards
- Liaise and handle event related enquiries from both internal teams and external partners and customers.
Professional Learning and Content
- Work closely with the Learning & Content team and Marketing Communications team to coordinate successful delivery of PA programs (both online and face to face) including Peer Networks and professional learning programs
- Assist with the maintenance of PA’s annual calendar of engagement
Domestic travel and work outside business hours will be required occasionally.
- High level administration skills with strong attention to detail
- Event planning and logistics experience
- Strong ICT skills and knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, prioritise, change direction quickly to meet competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; including building effective relationships, positive interactions, negotiation and effective problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & excellent time / project management skills
- Ability to learn and implement new knowledge and skills quickly
- Ability to work confidentially, with tact and discretion
- Salesforce (or other CRM system) (desirable)
- Experience with Events system / platform (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please provide a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role, along with your CV to email [email protected] or apply directly though the external website linked to this ad.
Applicants are welcomed to submit a video application using their smartphone outlining their experience, interest and suitability to the role, as an alternative to a written application.
Applications close Monday 13 February.
Please contact Nicole Recks ([email protected]) with any questions about the role.