Membership Officer (QLD & NT)
Friday, 31 Mar 2023
About the job
ROLE: 0.4- 0.5 (flexible workdays – could be spread over a number of days, as agreed with manager)
REPORTS TO: Director National Membership & Engagement (QLD & NT)
· National Engagement Team
· Marketing & Communications Team
· Learning & Content Team
· Finance & Operations Team
· Philanthropy Australia stakeholders (Board, staff, members, supporters, suppliers and partners).
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
ABOUT PHILANTHROPY AUSTRALIA
Philanthropy Australia is the national peak body for philanthropy. With a vision of a generous and inclusive Australia, we are driven by our purpose to inspire more and better philanthropy.
The behaviours that underpin our values of Respect, Trust, Humility, Impact, Celebration and Sharing are the foundation of all we do: https://www.philanthropy.org.au/about-us/who-we-are/ ).
We are an independent organisation with more than 800 trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our members and partners. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and creating positive social change.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, supportive and inspiring people, who are driven by our purpose and values.
Working at Philanthropy Australia means you have access to benefits, such as:
· Additional 1 week (pro-rata) of leave for Reflection Leave after 12 months of service
· Flexible and hybrid ways of working
· Employee Assistance Program
· Generous paid parental and partner leave after 12 months of service
· A generous L&D budget
· Learning opportunities, particularly around philanthropy, the not-for-profit sector and specific causes.
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda as outlined in PA’s 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan (https://philanthropy.org.au/about-us/publications/strategic-plan-2022-2025/)
Philanthropy Australia welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We strive to have diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, including, First Nations people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTQIA+ people, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that sees human difference as a strength and supports our vision for a generous and inclusive Australia
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to act as a liaison between Philanthropy Australia and our members, stakeholders and systems. This role is key to contributing to the retention and growth of membership, with a specific focus on Queensland.
The Membership Officer will serve as the first point of contact for membership related queries and help to build a pipeline of new members and work closely with the Director National Membership & Engagement (QLD & NT) and other members of the national Membership Team to deliver our national membership priorities
This role will provide an excellent standard of service in all communications and relationships, whilst maintaining discretion when dealing with highly confidential information.
Specifically, the role will use Salesforce CRM to maintain accurate membership information, administer the membership renewal process, admin support where necessary and support ad-hoc state-based or membership related events.
Develop, manage and maintain relationships with QLD & NT members
- Deliver and administer a quality end-to-end experience for PA’s members, including meeting with members, responding to their needs and adding value through your knowledge of philanthropy in Australia
- Lead the engagement and relationship management of not-for-profit members and potential members
- Support business development to grow the membership base in QLD including developing strategies for prospecting, growing and renewing membership.
- Meet with appropriate membership level prospects to articulate the value proposition of PA membership
- Connect members through the delivery of quality member programs and services including Peer Networks
- Contribute to the development of ideas for local networking opportunities and events in QLD
- Ensure member information and meetings are captured accurately in Salesforce and other systems
- Provide support to Director National Membership & Engagement (QLD & NT) including business development initiatives related membership retention and growth.
- Prepare campaigns for emails and events in Salesforce/Campaign Manager
- Prepare and distribute materials to members about membership benefits, relevant events and other activities in a timely fashion
- Support the coordination of the national membership renewals campaign
- Administration and logistical support for events (e.g., generate and monitor invites, arranging venues and catering)
- Attend events to increase awareness of what is happening in philanthropy
- Other responsibilities as required
- Knowledge of and / or strong interest in philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including engaging a variety of people from different backgrounds and experiences
- Strong administration skills, with attention to detail
- Proficient user of Salesforce or other CRM
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to be proactive in developing and fostering relationships
- Proven project management skills including planning, delivering on timelines, managing stakeholders and being outcome driven
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise an ever-changing workload and juggle competing demands
- Motivated self-starter including the ability to work as part of a small national team
As this is a role supports a national program of membership engagement including events, the ability to work outside of normal hours, and travel (interstate on occasion also) may be required.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for this position, please provide a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role, along with your CV to email [email protected] or apply directly though the job advertisement.
Applicants are welcomed to submit a video application using their smartphone outlining their experience, interest and suitability to the role, as an alternative to a written application.
Applications close Friday 31 March
For any questions relating to the role and/or position description, please contact:
Kim Harland (Director, Membership & Engagement (QLD/NT): [email protected]