Membership Officer (VIC)
Monday, 13 Feb 2023
ABOUT PHILANTHROPY AUSTRALIA
Philanthropy Australia (PA) is the national peak body for philanthropy. With a vision of a generous and inclusive Australia, we are driven by our purpose to inspire more and better philanthropy.
The behaviours that underpin our values of Respect, Trust, Humility, Impact, Celebration and Sharing are the foundation of all we do.
We are an independent organisation with more than 750 trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our members and partners. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and creating positive social change.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, supportive and inspiring people, who are driven by our purpose and values.
Working at Philanthropy Australia means you have access to benefits, such as:
- Additional 1 week of leave for Reflection Leave after 12 months of service
- Flexible and hybrid ways of working
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid parental and partner leave after 12 months of service
- A generous L&D budget
- Located in a beautiful Darlinghurst based office
- Learning opportunities, particularly around philanthropy, the not-for-profit sector and specific causes.
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda as outlined in PA’s 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan.
PA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We strive to have diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, including, First Nations people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTQIA+ people, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that sees human difference as a strength and supports our vision for a generous and inclusive Australia.
The purpose of this role is to act as a liaison between Philanthropy Australia and our members and stakeholders based in Melbourne, Tasmania & Queensland. This role is key to contributing to the retention and growth of membership. The role supports the Membership and broader Engagement Team to deliver membership programs and services, and is responsible for all aspects of membership administration, from serving as the first point of contact for membership related queries to building a pipeline of new members.
The Membership Officer will work closely with their peer counterpart in NSW and other colleagues to also coordinate national membership support.
The Membership Officer provides an excellent standard of service in all communications and relationships, whilst maintaining discretion when dealing with highly confidential information.
Specifically, the role will use Salesforce CRM to maintain accurate membership information, administer the membership renewal process, admin support where necessary and support ad-hoc state-based or membership related events.
Membership Administration (VIC, TAS & QLD)
- Provides general administrative support relating to membership, including general membership communications, tailoring campaigns, onboarding new members, and assisting with events and activities for existing and prospective members.
- Maintain and update membership records: General CRM (Salesforce) administration, ensuring accurate data on new and existing records, updating contact details for members, removing duplicate contacts etc
- Respond to inbound enquiries from current and prospective members and partners, including answering and directing phone calls, monitoring, and/or responding to emails and voicemails
- Manage the onboarding of new members, including logging leads and opportunities in Salesforce, and setting up new members on Philanthropy Australia’s systems
- Prepare campaigns for emails and events in Salesforce/Campaign Manager
- Prepare and distribute materials to members about membership benefits, relevant events and other activities in a timely fashion
- Co-lead the coordination of the national membership renewals campaign
- Providing user assistance to members relating to Philanthropy Australia’s Better Giving Hub member portal
- Attend and coordinate the logistics of all state based member events
- Provide excellent standard of service in all internal and external dealings whilst maintaining discretion when dealing with highly confidential information.
- Assist the national team with the development of prospect research to develop a new business pipeline of membership prospects
- Summarise biographical, financial and other relevant information into research profiles and maintain comprehensive records of all research undertaken within Salesforce records
- Generate regular reports, interpret and evaluate research results, communicate analysis in the appropriate format to colleagues, and implement follow-up research strategies
- Support the growth and delivery of New Generation activities in Victoria
- Other duties as they arise to support successful membership programs and processes.
- Setup and maintain all documentation in respect to partnerships in Salesforce
- Identify reporting, invoicing, and receipting requirements from partnerships documentation and maintain a task management system with all the requirements (Salesforce or Office 365 tbd)
- Liaise with the Executive Assistant, Finance Officer and Executive Directors of Business Services and Engagement to ensure required actions are completed and documented
- Assist with the development of funding applications and/or partnership proposals
- Assist with the development of Board reports from Salesforce.
- Administration support for events (e.g., generate and monitor invites)
- Provide logistical support at events (e.g. arranging venues, catering etc)
- Attend events to increase awareness of what is happening in Philanthropy
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a customer-relations focus and experience in developing professional relationships in a variety of contexts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (preferably Salesforce), with a solid understanding of data management and integrity.
- An ability to research, synthesise and interpret complex information, and communicate that information coherently and accurately to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to show initiative, work independently to complete tasks and take ownership to solve problems and improve processes
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- An ability to manage competing priorities with multiple internal and external stakeholders while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in operational support, administration and/or sales, preferably in a membership, philanthropic, or non-profit organisation
- Prior relationship management and/or customer service experience, particularly where it involved handling highly-confidential information with professionalism and discretion
- Relevant prospect research experience and knowledge of sales prospecting practices, research tools and terminology
- Event coordination
- Preference for candidates with a strong interest and relevant experience in philanthropy or the non-profit sector
- Relevant qualifications a plus.
The role will require interstate travel a few times per annum.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please provide a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role, along with your CV to [email protected] or through Ethical Jobs which you will be directed to by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
Applicants are welcomed to submit a video application using their smartphone outlining their experience, interest and suitability to the role, as an alternative to a written application.
Applications close Monday 13 February at the latest. We are reviewing applications as they are received and may move quickly to interview and appoint a successful candidate. Please apply asap.
For questions about the role, please contact the line manager, Adam Ognall (Executive Director, Engagement) [email protected]