National Membership Manager (VIC and TAS)
Monday, 13 Feb 2023
ABOUT PHILANTHROPY AUSTRALIA
Philanthropy Australia (PA) is the national peak body for philanthropy. With a vision of a generous and inclusive Australia, we are driven by our purpose to inspire more and better philanthropy.
The behaviours that underpin our values of Respect, Trust, Humility, Impact, Celebration and Sharing are the foundation of all we do.
We are an independent organisation with more than 750 trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits as our members and partners. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and creating positive social change.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, supportive and inspiring people, who are driven by our purpose and values.
Working at Philanthropy Australia means you have access to benefits, such as:
• Additional 1 week of leave for Reflection Leave after 12 months of service
• Flexible and hybrid ways of working
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous paid parental and partner leave after 12 months of service
• A generous L&D budget
• Learning opportunities, particularly around philanthropy, the not-for-profit sector and specific causes.
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda as outlined in PA’s 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan.
PA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We strive to have diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, including, First Nations people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTQIA+ people, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that sees human difference as a strength and supports our vision for a generous and inclusive Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the National Membership Director, the National Membership Manager (VIC and TAS) will build relationships and engage with the philanthropic sector to help drive Philanthropy Australia’s effort to engage a larger and more diverse membership, inspire a new wave of giving and foster better approaches to giving as outlined in Philanthropy Australia’s 2022-2025 Strategic Plan. The role participates as a key member of the national membership team and involves state-specific leadership alongside a national portfolio.
This role is the line manager of the Membership Officer (VIC & TAS),
Developing, managing and maintaining relationships with VIC and TAS members:
- Deliver and administer a quality end-to-end membership experience for PA’s Impact and Engaged members
- Develop membership growth in VIC and TAS including establishing clear targets, timetables and strategies for prospecting, growing and renewing membership
- Implement the VIC and TAS annual membership services plan for more and better philanthropy working closely with Membership Officer
- Connect members through delivery of quality member programs and services
- Develop and deliver local networking opportunities and events in VIC and TAS, working with PA’s Champions and key partners to extend the influence and reach of Philanthropy Australia
- Financial management for the VIC and TAS membership program.
Developing and delivering the national program of membership engagement
- Lead PA’s national engagement and member offering for key sectors e.g. corporate and family foundations
- Work closely with the National Membership Director and the Membership Services Team in the development of the national program of membership engagement and membership services
- Contribute to the development of Peer Networks, professional learning and development and other priority initiatives to support better giving
- Participate in development of strategies to drive giving amongst target audiences including High Net Worth Individuals and under-represented groups.
- Have a transparent, empowering and action-oriented approach to people management
- Create a strong team culture aligned with PA’s Values and Behaviours
- Provide day-to-day line management, coaching and support to the Membership Officer (VIC & TAS)
- Support the co-ordination, development and training of the Membership Officer and provide ongoing career support and development
- Collaborate with the Membership Officer to develop their individual work plans and goals, ensuring there is clarity on their role and responsibilities
- Provide regular coaching and feedback and conduct formal performance reviews.
As this is a role supports a national program of membership engagement including events, the ability to work outside of normal hours, and travel (interstate on occasion also) may be required.
- Strong networks and knowledge of philanthropic and community sectors, including Private and Public Ancillary Funds, advisors and corporate philanthropy
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills; including strategic thinking, ability to inspire others, and effective problem solving
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management, with a focus on member relations as well as Board, staff, key partners and other stakeholders
- A passion for philanthropy
- Proven technical expertise across business development and marketing in a philanthropic or grant-making environment
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to prioritise and juggle competing demands
- Motivated self-starter with management experience, including the ability to work as part of a small national team
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please provide a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role, along with your CV to email [email protected] or apply directly though the job advertisement.
Applicants are welcomed to submit a video application using their smartphone outlining their experience, interest and suitability to the role, as an alternative to a written application.
Applications close Monday 13 February, however we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may commence the recruitment process before then. Please send through your application as soon as possible.
Please contact Adam Ognall ([email protected]) with any questions about the role.