May 06th, 2022
Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation is looking for a passionate Coordinator to join our Development Team. The Coordinator is responsible for administration and event assistance to the Development team.
The Coordinator role is essential to the success of the Fundraising, Marketing, and Communications team, providing assistance and support to the Development Managers and team in all areas of event administration.
The position works closely with various departments within the Foundation, Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network (SCHN), and event committees to deliver quality fundraising, stewardship and promotional events aligned to objectives set out in the Fundraising Strategic Plan.
End-to-end coordination of some smaller scale SCHF events including but not limited to guest list management, logistics, sponsorship, and prize management.
- Attend and provide administration support to fundraising events as required.
- Build and maintain relationships, built on mutual respect, trust, and engagement with internal and external stakeholders, including sponsorship providers, key suppliers, donors, corporate sponsors, committees, patrons of events, SCHF, and SCHN staff.
- Promote engagement with current event volunteers.
- Identify opportunities for community and donor engagement.
- Communicate with new and existing groups and donors.
- Assist with allocated aspects of events planned and executed by the Development team.
- Event administration including invitations, RSVPs, thank you, and recognition certificates.
- Completing briefing documentation associated with the events both internal and external.
- Admin tasks associated with the below fundraising mechanism events including, sponsorships, auction items, donations, raffles, and prizes.
- Provide administrative support to organising committees for fundraising events.
- Provide event administration including banking, ticket sales, database management, event files, and donor and sponsor correspondence.
- Ensure processing and record-keeping of donations, receipts and correspondence are handled in line with Foundation policy, procedure, and service level requirements.
- Maintain accuracy and currency of event records using an efficient filing system.
- Maintain current working knowledge of SCHF policies and procedures related to events.
- Work with members of the Development team to produce collateral to support the development of relationships and promote fundraising initiatives.
- Provide and/or coordinate event-related articles for inclusion in website and PR publications as required.
- Coordinate department merchandise including regular stock takes of items, fulfilling requests for the stock from both internal and external stakeholders, and placing orders for new stock.
- Additional tasks to be undertaken in accordance with requests from the Development Manager.
- Proven high-level organisational skills including time management, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet predetermined targets and deadlines.
- Established high-level oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a range of different audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to make decisions, problem solve and negotiate.
- Proven ability in providing effective event administration, preferably with revenue generation outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to collaborate across teams to achieve enhanced outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work processes, and working hours.
- High-level computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Word, Excel, and Outlook) and previous experience using databases.
- Demonstrated high standard of integrity, ethics, judgment, and confidentiality.
What we can offer:
Opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and see the impact of your work.
A supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities.
Discounted gym membership
Randwick and/or Westmead Locations
Attractive NFP salary packaging
How to apply
Please include three attachments in your application and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
- A statement demonstrating how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position profile.
- A copy of your resume/CV, including listing the details for two referees (note that we don’t contact any referees unless we have interviewed you first).
- Successful candidates must have the legal right to work in Australia and will be required to undertake a criminal record check before commencing employment.
Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation is an inclusive place to work. We welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at
Click here for a full position description.
Applications close 30 May 2022.
Sydney Children's Hospitals Foundation