Head of Fundraising and Communications
December 16th, 2020
ABOUT HUDSON INSTITUTE
Hudson Institute is a leading Australian medical research institute located in the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) at the Monash Medical campus in Clayton, alongside Monash Health (Victoria’s largest health
service) and Monash University (Australia’s largest university).
With over 450 biomedical researchers, clinician scientists and postgraduate students, we are internationally recognised for world-leading discovery science and patient-centred, translational research programs in inflammation, reproductive health and pregnancy, infant and child health and cancer.
Hosting Australia’s largest group of inflammation researchers, we have most recently been contributing to the global response to the worldwide pandemic with our focus on finding new treatments to address the dangerous levels of inflammation caused by COVID-19.
We are seeking a Head of Fundraising and Communications responsible for the development and execution of the Institute’s fundraising and communications strategies.
As a key member of the Hudson Institute Executive and with strategic leadership of the Fundraising and Communications function, you will be responsible for growing supporter engagement and income through strong philanthropic partnerships, events, campaigns and strategic oversight of marketing and communications to support our researchers and deliver the Institute’s strategic goals.
You will work closely with Institute researchers and key business units to maintain a strong, visible and engaging presence in the community and to inspire and activate support from the community, corporate and philanthropic sources.
- Drive a culture of innovation and collaboration in the Fundraising and Communications function to develop and enhance stakeholder, community and corporate engagement and support
- Provide the Director with informed advice and recommendations to continue to build the public profile of the Institute and explore innovative fundraising options
- Lead the vision of digital transformation in supporter experience, data management, analysis and fundraising strategies
- Develop a supporter engagement plan and drive fundraising strategies to grow and diversify fundraising channels relating to individuals, major gifts, corporate organisations, sponsorship and regular giving, events and bequests
- Provide strategic guidance into marketing and communications planning to enhance brand awareness and grow and retain supporter audiences across different channels including print, direct marketing, digital, traditional and social media
- Oversee the production and distribution of publications, collateral, internal and external communications and website content in accordance with Hudson Institute branding guidelines.
- Develop annual income forecasts, managing budgets and expenditure to achieve sustainable return on investment in line with broader organisational budgets
- Oversee the optimisation of the entire supporter experience including customer relationship management, donation processing, telephone liaison and inbox management
- Lead the implementation of a Customer Relationship Management system for managing donor and stakeholder data
- Implement market intelligence, including internal and external data analytics to assess performance, trends and fundraising opportunities.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Extensive relevant management experience and specialist expertise
- Demonstrated success in delivering and achieving fundraising KPIs
- Experience in implementing and analysing data from donor management and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Sound knowledge of fundraising standards, best practice policies and procedures.
- An interest in the not for profit sector
- High-level interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively build sustainable and successful relationships
- Excellent project and team management skills with ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Hudson Institute is committed to improving human health world-wide through medical research. If you are a motivated strategic and entrepreneurial thinker and want to be part of our dynamic team we want to hear from you.
HOW TO APPLY
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Chief Financial Officer, Mr Rob Merriel on 03 8572 2553 or Rob.Merriel@hudson.org.au
Further information, including the job description, is available here.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Clayton, Melbourne VIC
Hudson Institute of Medical Research