April 05th, 2022
Who We Are
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in supporting governments to protect vulnerable people from violence. Our team of 1,200+ professionals are at work in 33 countries across the Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe and the Americas. Together with government, corporate, civil society, community and survivor leader partners, we are catalysing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion and make justice for people in poverty unstoppable.
International Justice Mission Australia, established in 2014, partners with IJM Global to deliver justice programs overseas and grow the movement of Australians seeking justice for the oppressed.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
The Lead, Risk, Compliance & Policy is responsible for ensuring IJM Australia’s risk, compliance and policy requirements are effectively managed with excellence to enable the mission to grow to scale. The role will support the development of foundational capabilities to strengthen governance and key reporting systems. This position is critical in building solutions and working with the Director, Finance, Risk and Compliance and the Chief Operating Officer on all risk, compliance and policy matters such that IJM Australia grows sustainably with operational excellence, to fund programs to protect those who are poor from violence around the world.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, Risk & Compliance, the Lead, Risk, Compliance & Policy will:
1. Manage compliance reporting to ensure adequate internal controls are in place and reported
2. Oversee the development of a central policy management library in line with global governance and global policy libraries managed in PowerDMS
3. Implement risk management practices and frameworks to help identify, assess and control threats to protect the operations of IJM Australia
4. Support the ANCP grant process to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to ensure all risk indicators are satisfied for the submission process
5. Support monthly, quarterly and ad hoc risk and compliance reporting for
the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and the AU Board and Board Committees
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
● Sound working knowledge of risk, compliance, policy frameworks and associated processes
● Degree in Business or Administration, or other equivalent degree
● Experience in compliance and/or policy roles, or similar and working with Australian regulatory compliance and reporting frameworks for NGOs
● Working to and reporting against measurable KPIs
● Strong capacity to follow, evaluate and improve processes
● Ability to create and maintain accurate process documentation
● Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Take initiative to identify risks and raise issues
You will also:
● Highly developed administration and/or customer service skills
● Articulate communicator, able to make compliance and policy concepts and processes clear to follow
● Sustained positive attitude
● Personal and professional integrity
What We Offer
• An inspiring professional environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals – characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
• A global team of experts in risk, compliance, policy keen to work with IJM Australia as one team to accelerate Australia’s leadership in ending modern slavery.
• Opportunity for spiritual formation
• Salary determined by our remuneration policy and years of qualified experiences
How to apply
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to email@example.com.
Click here for a full position description.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Applications close 31 May 2022.
St Leonards (Hybrid working options) or remote worker within Australia
International Justice Mission Australia