National Membership Manager - VIC / TAS
June 21st, 2022
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda.
The primary purpose of this role is to build relationships and engage with the philanthropic sector to help drive Philanthropy Australia’s effort to engage a larger and more diverse membership, inspire a new wave of giving and foster better approaches to giving as outlined in Philanthropy Australia’s 2022-2025 Strategic Plan. The role participates as a key member of the national membership team and involves State-specific leadership alongside a national portfolio.
Developing, managing and maintaining relationships with VIC and TAS members:
- Deliver and administer a quality end-to-end membership experience for PA’s Impact and Engaged members
- Develop membership growth in VIC and TAS including establishing clear targets, timetables and strategies for prospecting, growing and renewing membership
- Implement the VIC and TAS annual membership services plan for more and better philanthropy working closely with Membership Team Administrator
- Connect members through delivery of quality member programs and services
- Develop and deliver local networking opportunities and events in VIC and TAS, working with PA’s Champions and key partners to extend the influence and reach of Philanthropy Australia
- Financial management for the VIC and TAS membership program
Developing and delivering the national program of membership engagement:
- Lead PA’s national engagement and member offering for intermediaries and corporate foundations
- Work closely with the National Membership Director and the Membership Services Team in the development of the national program of membership engagement and membership services
- Contribute to the development of Peer Networks, professional learning and development and other priority initiatives to support better giving
- Participate in development of strategies to drive giving amongst target audiences including High Net Worth Individuals and under-represented groups
- Strong networks and knowledge of philanthropic and community sectors, including Private and Public Ancillary Funds, advisors and corporate philanthropy
- Proven technical expertise and at least five years of experience across business development and marketing in a philanthropic or grant-making environment
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills; including strategic thinking, ability to inspire others, positive interaction and effective problem solving
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management, with a focus on member relations as well as Board, staff, key partners and other stakeholders
- A passion for philanthropy
- Highly developed written and oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to prioritise a high workload and juggle competing demands
- Motivated self-starter with management experience, including the ability to work as part of a small national team
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply for this position, please provide a written response with a cover letter, AND address the Selection Criteria, along with your CV via the prompts via Ethical Jobs.
For any questions relating to the role and/or position description, please contact: Adam Ognall, Executive Director Engagement firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: National Membership Manager - VIC / TAS enquiry
Applications close 20 July 2022.