September 13th, 2022
Are you passionate about mobilising funding for progressive issues? We’re looking for a Philanthropy Lead to oversee all donor grant making and organising to help our community achieve maximum impact.
Australian Communities Foundation is a non-profit, intermediary foundation working with hundreds of everyday philanthropists to support structured giving, address social issues, and create positive, community-led change.
We are currently home to more than 450 funds and foundations led by families, individuals, giving groups, and corporate/NFP organisations across Australia. In our 25th year, we have grown into one of Australia’s largest community foundations with a unique national focus. Each year, we disburse more than 1,000 grants totalling more than $20 million.
We foster a supportive, collaborative, values-led, and flexible team environment. You will have the opportunity to be involved in projects that make a meaningful difference to people and planet. We believe in a fairer Australia – one where social, environmental and cultural justice is the norm – and if you want to join our team, you should too!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for all donor grant making, organising and collective giving activities at the Foundation, as well as the delivery of ACF’s discretionary grant making programs: the Impact Fund and National Crisis Response Fund. This role also contributes to our philanthropic strategy work for private clients, and the development of innovative new philanthropic programs.
Full-time (negotiable). Capital city preferable, flexible/remote working supported. Head office in East Melbourne.
• Passionate and well-informed about social and environmental justice and how social change happens, and seek to use your influence to move capital to where it can be most effective in redressing inequity
• Deep commitment to the importance of respectfully guiding people and organisations on their giving journey. The prioritisation of diverse voices and lived experience is fundamental to the way you work.
• A confident public speaker and facilitator, you relish finding and amplifying the work of Australia’s most effective changemakers to encourage structural change.
• You thrive in a team-based environment, lead by example, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves. You take initiative when required, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and enjoy innovating and solving problems with others.
• Committed to building strong relationships with your team, your colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders. You have strong values and bring a positive and supportive attitude to your work.
• You have strategic nous, and enjoy delivering multi-faceted projects and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure strong performance and measure progress against strategy.
• Relevant professional experience and experience in social change sectors will be highly regarded.
APPLY NOW if you are passionate about using your knowledge to enable strategic and effective giving for a fairer Australia. Applicants should be strongly aligned with ACF’s values: Inclusion, Agency, Courage, and Fairness.
Head to EthicalJobs to download the full position description and apply.
No deadline – please apply as soon as possible!
For general enquiries, please contact Madeleine Shea, Executive Assistant on
03 9412 0412 or email@example.com.
For specific enquiries related to this role, please contact Georgia Mathews, Director of Philanthropic Services, on 0439 835 944.
Australian Communities Foundation is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We support flexible work arrangements, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and people with lived experience of disability.
Melbourne - Flexible Location
Australian Communities Foundation