October 01st, 2021
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with program coordination experience who wants to join a dynamic and innovative team focused on developing and delivering youth engagement opportunities and strengthening communities across Victoria.
Attractive salary packing options and flexible working arrangements!
Blue Light Victoria (BLV) is an independent, for-purpose organisation with a vision to shape young lives and strengthen communities. Working with young people primarily between the ages of 10-18 years, BLV provides youth engagement opportunities, building resilience and wellbeing through interactive programs across the state.
BLV works with community agencies and has a long history of working closely with one of it's key partner agencies, Victoria Police. BLV has designed and facilitated programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for young people to participate in with police and their local community leading to positive outcomes and relationships.
BLV is located in CBD Melbourne and is also supported in it's work by approximately 25 branches across the state.
Programs and initiatives facilitated enable approximately 20,000 young people to participate in a BLV event or program each year.
Established in 1976, BLV is governed by a Board of Directors.
Operational and strategic oversight of the organisation is led by our CEO. We also have a team of dedicated staff and volunteers to help deliver our services.
The Blue EDGE Program
Blue EDGE (Educate, Develop, Grow, Empower) is an 8-week program delivered twice weekly during the school term to a group of 15-20 young people aged 12-17.
This program aims to increase young people’s resilience and wellbeing using fitness and activity based learning. Partnering with local stakeholders and Victoria Police members, the program builds positive relationships between young people, the police and wider community support networks. After completion of the program a select number of students from each program will be chosen to attend a 3-4 day Advanced Leadership Camp at the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp centre.
The Blue EDGE program is delivered across the state in both metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. It is anticipated that in 2022 the Blue EDGE program will be delivered in approximately 16-20 secondary schools across the state.
About the role
The Blue EDGE Program Coordinator, with support from the broader BLV team is responsible for the coordination, development and delivery of the Blue EDGE program across Victoria.
- The Program Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager.
- Hours and Basis of Employment
- Full time – 38 hours per week.
- Employment Period – Fixed term contract until 30 April 2023.
- Lead the coordination of activities and resources for the operational delivery of the Blue EDGE program across the State.
- In collaboration with other Blue Light Victoria staff develop creative and innovative program modules for the Blue EDGE program
- Attend Blue EDGE sites, facilitating sessions as appropriate and ensuring strong stakeholder relationships with schools, police and other key partners.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation techniques are embedded for the Blue EDGE program and provide data and information as requested.
- Ensure implementation of all relevant policies and procedures.
- Work with site teams to maximise participant attendance by identifying and addressing barriers to participation.
- Monitor emerging issues and undertake continuous improvement processes
- Communicate and provide feedback to staff and external parties through the program life cycle.
- Keep updated records and databases.
- Create reports, presentations and proposals as appropriate
- Collate and analyse data from various sources to proactively identify risks and operational issues and use superior problem solving skills to propose sustainable solutions.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the Blue Light team and across a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline (i.e. youth or social work, social sciences, community development, education) and at least two years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation and engagement with young people and an understanding of positive group facilitation practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating programs/ projects
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with external organisations and staff, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to support, induct and supervise individuals engaging in group facilitation and volunteer recruitment
- Demonstrated capability to manage and plan own work to achieve identified goals within time constraint
- Competency with Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- This position will be based in CBD Melbourne however it will require frequent travel, including overnight across both metropolitan and regional Victoria.
- Use of the BLV motor vehicle and/or travel reimbursement will be available and the successful candidate must be available to travel as required.
- Drivers licence is essential.
- Professional supervision in accordance with professional associations will be made available.
- We support flexible work practices, as agreed with line manager
- A modern/ new Melbourne CBD workplace in close proximity to public transport
- Ongoing training and development
- A supportive team environment
- Access to building amenities including a gym, town centre, excellent meeting facilities and end of trip facilities
- Access to a vehicle for work travel purposes
- Salary Sacrifice available
How to apply
Click here to apply.
This appointment will be a fixed term contract until 30 April 2023. If you have further questions about the role, please contact Karen Burns, Operations Manager on 0421 992 532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with this position Blue Light Victoria also has a Training and Program Development Manager role advertised.
Blue Light Victoria