Fundraising Specialist (Two Roles Available)
Thursday, 2 Nov 2023
Join our growing team and help young people impacted by cancer. We have two opportunities available for fundraisers with campaign management experience. Apply today!
Canteen is dedicated to supporting young people and their families impacted by cancer. Founded by young cancer patients, our mission is to provide essential programs, services, and resources that positively impact the lives of 12-25 year-olds facing their own diagnosis, dealing with a close family member’s cancer, or grieving the loss of a loved one. We believe in the transformative power of our team, and together, we aim to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we support[HB1] .
Canteen’s culture is unique, offering you an inspiring, rewarding and purposeful work experience with- opportunities to grow and develop your skills. Check out our LinkedIn Life Page for insight into our employee experience.
- Base Salary ($75,000) + Super + NFP Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 tax-free)
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Dog friendly office
About these roles
We are seeking two Fundraising Specialists to join our growing Community Fundraising Team where you will be involved in project management of National Bandanna Day (our biggest fundraiser) and our industry leading peer to peer (P2P) digital fundraising campaigns. As Canteen continues to grow, we can offer up-and-coming fundraising stars the opportunity to thrive and develop as part of a collaborative, high-performing and supportive team!
Ready to take your next career step? These are high-impact roles for a creative data-led fundraisers with an eye for detail looking to carve out a career in community fundraising by:
- Project managing our biggest fundraiser, National Bandanna Day and industry leading Facebook Challenges.
- Developing and executing fundraising strategies with the support of an experienced team.
- Providing an expert internal voice for community, digital and P2P fundraising.
- Contributing to the strategic direction of community fundraising.
- Developing content to engage and encourage Canteen fundraisers.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- 3 years fundraising experience.
- Campaign management experience including strategy, execution, and budget management.
- Exposure to major community fundraising, digital and peer to peer campaigns.
- Experience developing engaging fundraising and marketing communication content.
- Effective communication skills with an ability to connect with stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate and optimise fundraising campaigns.
- A work ethic that is data led and results driven.
Location: NSW – Newtown, Sydney
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work: 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
*Due to the nature of Canteen’s work, you will be required to (very) occasionally work weekends and evenings. Advance notice will be given when this is the case, and Canteen does have a Time off in Lieu policy for taking leave as agreed with the supervising manager.
If you’re passionate about what you do and are ready to make a difference, apply now. Applications close on 2 November 2023. Do not delay in applying as we will be reviewing applications periodically during this time. Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience via our careers link below or email us at [email protected]
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Canteen acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia’s First Peoples and sovereign custodians of this land. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. Canteen is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and people of all ages. We welcome all people including those from diverse backgrounds, faiths, sexual orientation and/or gender identities.
To ensure an ongoing commitment to the success of Canteen, all applications must be able to:
- Successfully complete and maintain a current National Police Check and Working with Children Check relevant to the individual’s state jurisdiction.
- Undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment to guarantee the safety of all Canteen’s stakeholders.
- Provide at least two direct referees to ensure a successful reference check is completed.
- Provide relevant copies of professional qualification/s stated on the application.
Due to the nature of the role, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must be presented.