Friday, 29 Sep 2023
The Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation (VFFF) was established in 1962 and is one of Australia’s leading philanthropic organisations. Established over 60 years ago, the Foundation has distributed over $220M towards opportunities that advance the independence, social purpose and future security of young people in Australia.
An opportunity for a full-time Grants Officer has opened in the team. This role is a great opportunity to progress your grant making experience and build on your understanding of the philanthropic and not for profit sectors.
This role supports the small VFFF team, including the CEO, Foundation Manager and wider team, to ensure the smooth ongoing operation of the grant making process. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the grant making process including due diligence, board submissions and managing partnerships, with the opportunity to lead some components of this work over time over time.
- Administration of grant requirements such as reports, letters and agreements.
- Communication tasks for the VFFF website, social media and newsletters, grants database, grantee reporting and payment processes.
- Conducting research and evaluation on various matters such as the Foundation’s impact, emerging sector trends and best practice.
VFFF is seeking a values aligned team member who has an interest in family philanthropy and will contribute to a positive work culture within the family office. Our ideal team member will have:
- An interest in and knowledge of supporting the needs of young people and rural and regional Australia is preferable as this is well aligned to the Foundation’s grant making strategy, Backing Young People.
- Approximately 3 – 5 years’ work experience, with demonstrated interest in philanthropy and/or the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with strong attention to detail and process.
- Commitment to teamwork and the development of effective relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Office and knowledge of WordPress and Mailchimp
WHY WORK WITH THE VINCENT FAIRFAX FAMILY FOUNDATION (VFFF)?
You will be part of a small team that is embedded within a larger family office team. We work in a Central CBD office across from the Botanic Gardens, participate in a weekly all teams lunch, a thoughtful wellness program (fitness, cultural experiences, mindfulness), monthly staff social events and an inclusive office culture.
If this sounds like the role for you, we look forward to hearing from you! Please click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.
We will be interviewing strong candidates as applications come through, so please apply as soon as possible. Our team will get in touch if you have been shortlisted.
VFFF offers an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, neurotypes, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. Candidates with a disability, who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and/or who are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage, or who come from racially and culturally diverse communities, are encouraged to apply. Only applicants who are eligible to work in Australia will be considered.
For further information or any questions please email Faza Wulandari, [email protected] using the subject line: Grants Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.