Head of Philanthropy
Thursday, 26 Oct 2023
Through the support of our generous supporters, World Vision has helped to improve the lives of 200 million children worldwide by tackling the root causes of poverty. 89% of malnourished children our supporters helped in the last 10 years made a full recovery.
The Head of Philanthropy is responsible for building a pipeline of major gift and philanthropic income for World Vision from foundations, corporates, and High Net Worth Individuals. You will also be charged with leading and inspiring a national team responsible for delivering on an ambitious plan to grow giving across this portfolio.
Key accountabilities include:
- Operating an effective philanthropy team, ensuring we are structured to meet the philanthropy team’s financial and non-financial targets
- Provision of philanthropic leadership and strategy
- Network development with externally related Major Donor industries focussing on Financial Planning Dealerships, Insurance Providers, Funds Managers, and other related industries.
- Ensuring World Vision has a ‘fit for purpose’ major gifts offering.
- Internal Stakeholder Leadership
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with a proven track record in achieving significant gifts and donations from major donors. You have excellent relationship building skills combined with the ability to apply an analytical lens across your team’s portfolio, with a constant eye on achieving your financial targets. Skills and experience include:
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- Evidence of exceptional philanthropic revenue success
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding income targets and asking for multi-million dollar gifts
- Demonstrated relationship building and relationship management skills, including the ability to identify, initiate and sustain new relationships, work collaboratively, and promote cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a cross-functional structure
- Strong donor-centric approach and experience in developing and implementing donor/funder engagement plans
- Proficiency with donor/customer databases for analysis and reporting
The selection process
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us
To apply please click on the below link: Details – Head of Philanthropy (worldvision.com.au)