Bolder Philanthropy Award
Investing in innovative solutions to scale positive change.
The Bolder Philanthropy Award recognises the unique ‘risk capital’ role that philanthropy plays in giving early stage support to start-ups to design and test solutions that can scale, replicate and evolve over time.
This award acknowledges the long-term approach required to launch a ‘first of its kind’ initiative, as well as the time to replicate, scale and assess its impact and achievements.
Use our online form to nominate someone for the Bolder Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Bolder Philanthropy Award is awarded to organisations that have demonstrated best use of social risk capital philanthropy.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations are assessed by the selection panel on the following criteria:
- How the grant-maker used philanthropy as social risk capital to initiate or test a new proposition, or provide early-stage support for a solution to a problem.
- How the intervention, initiative or solution has scaled, replicated or evolved to deliver sustained positive change.
- The non-financial role of the grant-maker to contribute to the initiative’s success – for example, convening, leveraging, influencing, or advocating.
- What is the one thing that makes this nomination stand out.
This award is for activity occurring in the last 10 years – this may include design, funding, outcomes and/or impact.
To complete our nomination form, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria and give reasons why your nominee should be considered for this award (250 words).
- Describe your nominee’s role in Australian philanthropy (300 words).
- Give evidence of tangible delivery outcomes and impact (300 words).
- Upload at least 2 photos (maximum 5), including a headshot, that can be used for promotional purposes if your nominee is successful.
- Estimate their amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
- Provide at least 3 letters of support (maximum 5) from referees who can verify the nominee’s service, accomplishments and character.
Nominations for the Bolder Philanthropist Award:
- open [Day Date Month Year]
- close [Day Date Month Year] at 5pm.
Submissions are reviewed by the selection panel for announcement at the Australian Philanthropy Awards celebration. This event is held on [Day Date Month Year] at [Venue].
You will be notified of the outcome of your nomination. If successful, we will be in touch with exciting details before the awards event.
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2022 Bolder Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
Award stories and events
In on the ground floor
|2021||Gandel Foundation and Smiling Mind|
|2020||Gandel Philanthropy and the Australian Foundation for Yad Vashem|
Gandel Philanthropy made a long-term commitment to ensure Victorian school children learned about the Holocaust. They are behind an innovative teaching program and the advocacy that made studying the Holocaust mandatory in Victorian state schools.