Environmental Philanthropy Award
Funding projects or organisations that specifically support the environment or have a specific co-benefit to the environment.
Use our online form to nominate someone for the Environmental Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. This award recognises both the ‘funding’ organisation and the ‘doing’ organisation. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations are assessed by the selection panel on the following criteria:
- Improves the conservation and functioning of Australia’s environment and/or addresses climate change.
- Demonstrates a significant and immediate impact.
- Demonstrates that it aligns with one or more of the following:
- Uses communication tools to either bring new and different voices or influence broad public sentiment about environmental protection and/or climate change mitigation
- Exemplifies effective advocacy that influences key decision-makers and/or changes public policy by using a range of tools including education, research, lobbying and litigation
- Supports collaboration and coordination rather than competition or supports hidden backbone activities
- Takes solutions up to scale.
- Specify the one thing that makes this a knockout nomination.
This award is for activity occurring in the last five years – this may include design, funding, outcomes and/or impact.
Nominees remain confidential and only finalists and successful recipients are announced.
To complete our nomination form, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria and give reasons why your nominee should be considered for this award (250 words).
- Describe your nominee’s role in Australian philanthropy (300 words).
- Give evidence of tangible delivery outcomes and impact (300 words).
- Upload at least 2 photos (maximum 5), including a headshot, that can be used for promotional purposes if your nominee is successful.
- Estimate their amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
- Provide at least 3 letters of support (maximum 5) from referees who can verify the nominee’s service, accomplishments and character.
Nominations for the Environmental Philanthropy Award:
- open [Day Date Month Year]
- close [Day Date Month Year] at 5pm.
Submissions are reviewed by the selection panel for announcement at the Australian Philanthropy Awards celebration. This event is held on [Day Date Month Year] at [Venue].
You will be notified of the outcome of your nomination. If successful, we will be in touch with exciting details before the awards event.
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2022 Environmental Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
Award stories and events
Revealing many of our inconvenient truths
|2021||Limb Family Foundation and Guardian Australia|
|2020||The Pace Foundation (and 6 other funders) and Beyond Zero Emissions for the 10 Gigawatt Vision|
A powerful environmental initiative brought together a group of funders with a project that could transform the Northern Territory’s economy. Watch the story behind Beyond Zero Emission’s 10 Gigawatt Vision.