Communications and Events Coordinator – 12 Month Parental Leave Position
Sunday, 30 Jul 2023
This diverse and busy role is the powerhouse of our Communications team and is responsible for effectively engaging our donor community through the achievement of the following accountabilities:
- Monthly Newsletters and eDMs including production, formatting and distribution;
- Events Coordination of an annual program of events that engages the ACF donor community;
- Coordinating Social Media including content writing, planning and scheduling of posts;
- Comms and Marketing Support including some administration, database and systems maintenance.
You consider yourself to have excellent attention to detail, a mind that loves structure and order and you pride yourself on your project management skills. Additionally, you enjoy writing and won’t mind penning a socials post or proof reading an article.
You probably have about three to five years’ experience in communications/marketing roles and a bachelor degree in communications or related discipline.
You know platforms like Mailchimp and WordPress like the back of your hand. You’re a keen event organiser. You have some design knowledge and previous experience with software such as Canva (essential) and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (highly regarded). If you also happen to have any video editing skills (such as experience with Premiere Pro) please highlight this in your cover letter.
Any relevant experience in the for-purpose sector will be highly regarded however we would love anyone passionate and aligned with our purpose to join the team!
That sounds good, but what benefits do you offer?
- A paid day off per month for Wellness – for you to focus on you;
- A friendly community workplace where well-behaved dogs are welcome;
- A workplace committed to embedding best practice D&I and Reconciliation strategies. And because we walk the talk, our ACF Staff Fund matches donations from our team when they give to the causes they care about.
Australian Communities Foundation is a non-profit, intermediary foundation working with hundreds of everyday philanthropists to support structured giving, address social issues, and create positive, community-led change.
In our 26th year we have grown into one of Australia’s largest community foundations with a unique national focus. Last year, we disbursed more than 1,200 grants totalling $18.5 million.
We foster a supportive, collaborative, values-led, and flexible team environment. You will have the opportunity to be involved in projects that make a meaningful difference in the lives of ordinary Australians.
We also believe in a fairer Australia, one where social, environmental and cultural justice is the norm – and if you want to join our team – you should, too!
Want to get involved?
To apply for this role email [email protected] with a cover letter outlining how your experience relates to the four role accountabilities outlined under ‘About The Role’. Additionally, include your responses to the following three questions.
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
- In your experience, what makes an event great?
- Our purpose is to activate a nation of givers for a fairer and more sustainable Australia. What causes are you most passionate about and why?
Note: Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered for the role.