Director of Development
Saturday, 7 Oct 2023
- Create transformational impact through philanthropy
- Lead people, capability and partnerships
- Full time – hybrid with CBD office
As Australia’s largest independent community foundation, Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation (LMCF) leads innovative and inspired philanthropy to create positive social change. This includes granting, community engagement, partnerships, research, sharing knowledge, influencing policy and impact investment.
Annually, the Foundation provides grants of $12 million to not-for-profit organisations throughout Greater Melbourne to increase life opportunities and promote social inclusion. Key impact areas include: Homelessness & Affordable Housing; Inclusive, Sustainable Economy & Jobs; Healthy & Climate Resilient Communities; and Generous Melbourne.
Reporting to the CEO and leading a small team, this is an extraordinary opportunity to play a leadership role as Director of Development for LMCF. This position has been created to increase the donor contributions to the Foundation’s charitable fund account, bequest and flow through fundraising programs through digital and person to person relationships, while continuing to build the Foundation’s profile and reach within its target donor audiences.
Key objectives include:
- Leading the implementation of the Development initiatives within the Strategic and Business Plans.
- Driving business development relating to charitable fund accounts, community funds, collective giving, major gifts and bequests.
- Achieving nominated development capital and income growth targets.
- Increasing and building positive Foundation awareness across professional advisors and specific donor market segments.
You will have a genuine commitment to social change, together with demonstrated success in leading income growth and reaching aspirational fundraising targets. Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills, plus compelling story-telling to engage the hearts and minds of donors along the philanthropic journey.
- Relevant experience leading fundraising growth strategies
- Team management and ability to contribute towards a positive culture
- Strategic and creative marketing activities including digital to promote new business and engagement
- Experience in interacting with senior stakeholders including professional legal and financial advisors
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in one of the Foundation’s impact areas; or in philanthropy, finance or NFP studies. CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) highly regarded
APPLY NOW if you are a Director of Development with a donor-centric approach, plus relevant expertise and experience to deliver aspirational growth and impact.
Gembridge is proud to partner with Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation on this important recruitment assignment.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Michelle Varcoe or Dawn Patrick on 03 8375 9661; or [email protected]