Donor Relations Officer
Friday, 30 Jun 2023
Donor Relations Officer
Applications close Friday 30th June
For more than 125 years, the United Jewish Education Board (UJEB) has been providing formal and informal Jewish education and culturally rich experiences to Victorian students who do not attend Jewish schools. We aim to inspire a positive connection with Jewish identity and to help our students develop into proud and engaged members of the Jewish community. To find out more visit ujeb.org.au
Role type: 3 days per week
The Donor Relations Officer is a talented and highly motivated professional, responsible for developing strong relationships with current donors while growing the UJEB donor base. A key function is the formulation, implementation and management of a donor relations strategy; to attract, engage and retain donors, as well as driving those strategies that build UJEB’s relationships with passionate community philanthropists. Strong initiative and attention to detail in this role is vital in ensuring that UJEB maintains programs and continues to grow.
Working across the organisation, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising strategy and events as well as regularly reviewing the implemented process.
The role also involved diversifying revenue sources and ensuring stewardship and retention of donors by providing exceptional service, experience and support.
This role works closely with the Marketing Manager, senior staff, and the relevant UJEB Board subcommittee to deliver on UJEB’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities
Donor Acquisition, engagement and retention
- Identify and research potential individual and institutional donors who align with UJEB’s mission and values.
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate relationships with donors, including personalized communication, presentations, meetings, events, and recognition initiatives.
- Regularly communicate with donors to provide updates on the organization’s impact, express gratitude, and showcase opportunities for continued support.
- Collaborate with marketing to create compelling fundraising campaigns and initiatives targeting existing and prospective donors.
- Develop and implement donor retention and growth strategies along with tailored individual strategies to ensure ongoing support and engagement.
- Utilise data analytics to identify trends and donor preferences, adjusting strategies to maximize donor satisfaction and retention.
Fundraising and Donor Solicitation:
- Development of fundraising strategies in conjunction with the Fundraising Board sub-committee.
- Develop and implement fundraising initiatives including an annual appeal, Rosh Hashanah appeal, “in lieu of gifts” donation scheme, bequests, the development of a UJEB fund and new revenue streams.
- Develop and leverage an Alumni program.
- Development of corporate and government partners along with creating bridging relationships with other Jewish organisations to develop joint funding applications
- Prepare persuasive funding proposals and grant applications to secure financial support from donors.
- Support the organisation’s events and donor recognition programs, ensuring a seamless experience for donors.
Donor Database Management:
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date donor records.
- Track and report to management on donor interactions, contributions, and trends to inform donor strategies and measure success.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and ethical practices in donor management.
- Undertake administrative duties required, including; expenditure records and up-to-date filing.
Key qualifications, skills and experience
- Proven experience in donor management, fundraising, or related roles within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship-building skills with the ability to connect with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft compelling proposals and donor communications.
- Have thorough familiarity with MS Office suite – Outlook, Word and Excel and Google platform
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to problem solve when faced with challenges.
- Understand budget management and the development of comprehensive Excel spreadsheets.
- Have a positive, proactive and solution-focused attitude.
- Demonstrate discretion and integrity
- Dedication to making a positive impact in the community.