Engagement Manager – Contract, Full Time
Friday, 24 Mar 2023
READY TO JOIN A THRIVING ECOSYSTEM AND FIND YOUR PURPOSE?
Bring positive change to local communities as part of a diverse, intelligent and fabulous team that’s disrupting the impact investment landscape. Enjoy flexible working and generous leave, a stunning, state-of-the-art collaborative workspace and a supportive and fun culture where every day is rewarding and challenging (in the best possible way!).
A BIT ABOUT US
At Sefa, we believe there’s a better, simpler way to create real change in the world. So we help for-purpose organisations build their capacity and resilience and partner with investors to unlock social impact – while generating positive returns. We work closely with our sister organisation, Sefa Partnerships, under a joint strategy to create a world in which investing in capability and capital values purpose and contributes to reduced structural disadvantage in Australia.
We, at Team Sefa are all about doing good – and having a good time doing it. We’re a group of avid tea drinkers (and some coffee connoisseurs too), each with a strong case of wanderlust. A diverse bunch of generalists, you’ll often find us immersed in deep and meaningful discussions, always learning from each other. We balance our weekly team gatherings with a healthy love of chocolate – and the occasional choreographed dance session. But above all, we’re united in our commitment to making sure great social enterprises can thrive well into the future.
Our four Engagement Managers (including this role) are responsible for supporting the Head of Engagement in driving cross sector business and product development and delivery. This includes supporting the delivery of the fee-for-service offering at Sefa which encompasses capability building and advisory support to non-for-profits and social enterprises.
This is a maternity cover role (initially 8 month contract) and it is expected that you will be able to step into leading the delivery of engagements with our for purpose clients and support business development as requested.
As part of the key responsibilities of this you will:
- Deliver advisory engagements, with a focus on impact strategy, commercial analysis and organisational governance and leadership.
- Contribute to business development efforts, including identifying potential opportunities and drafting proposals.
- Conduct research – including market assessments, literature and evidence reviews, and potentially contribute to our thought leadership efforts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion, energy, commitment and understanding of the impact investing / social finance / social enterprise / for purpose sectors.
- Confidence to multi-task and contribute to multiple projects at any one time.
- Experience providing strategic advice, developing relationships with organisation leaders and designing and facilitating strategic workshops.
- Expertise in applying the regular suite of social impact tools including theory of change and outcomes frameworks.
- Analytical skills, e.g. around financial analysis and/or investment assessments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of audiences and levels of technical expertise.
- Proficiency in business language and ability to develop compelling proposals and deliver succinct and insightful reports.
- Highly developed MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working in a high tempo professional services environment
- Demonstrated responsibility for project leadership and delivery
- Existing network in the for purpose/social impact sector
WHAT YOU GET:
Apart from working with a great bunch of passionate and smart people, you also get five weeks of annual leave per year with the option to extend your holidays through additional unpaid leave. Hello holidays!
You can also work from home, half of the time or as you need, depending on what’s on your plate at work and at home. Though once you see our incredible offices at Yirranma (translated from Gadigal to “many-create”) Place, we doubt you’ll want to stay away for long. The brand new, purpose-built precinct brings together a community of social purpose organisations and offers countless perks, including:
- Great food at the in-house social enterprise café and kitchen (try the amazing chilli and maple baked pumpkin salad)
- Fully equipped showers, lockers, ironing stations, Dyson hairdryers and more
- Breakfast club – where you can kick off your workday with a light breakfast and some quality chat with your Yirranma Place community
- Two Good Twosdays – a regular buffet-style lunch, family style
If you thrive on variety, building deep relationships and want to carve your own path with an organisation that supports your personal growth, we’d love to meet you.
We are keen to have someone on board for handover in April so applications will be considered on a rolling basis.