Grant Program Manager – Medical Research & Health (Parental leave cover)
Friday, 13 Oct 2023
Equity Trustees was established in 1888 and is now one of Australia’s largest specialist trustee companies. We help our clients grow, manage and protect their wealth now and for future generations. As a trustee company, we are responsible for always acting in our client’s best interests, ensuring they feel safe, valued, and cared for.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is flexible, rewarding, and supportive of individual development. Just as you will help us grow our business, we will help you grow in your career.
Equity Trustees is 130 years strong – and growing.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity within our team for a values-driven, experienced Grant Program Manager, with an understanding of the medical research and health sectors. This is a Parental Leave contract role, which will be well supported by a dynamic team.
You will have an integral role within the Philanthropy & Community Trustee Services team, which is collectively responsible for stewarding ~$120 million per annum of funding to the sector to facilitate positive social change for Australia.
Responsible for driving strategy, sector engagement and communications for the trusts within your portfolio, you will work alongside the 18 strong team to deepen community impact, including identifying and creating opportunities to share our learnings with the wider community.
Based in Victoria, you’ll have a sound knowledge of the medical research and health sectors and be a great team player looking to join a highly motivated, fun and professional team. In this role you will manage and support a small number of expert advisory committees and relationships with other experts in the field. You will also have the opportunity to provide granting advice and insights to some of Equity Trustees’ active philanthropic clients, who have an interest in funding medical research and health.
With strong relationship management skills, you will be a strategic thinker, who enjoys bringing clarity to complex problem solving and strong governance to a great team.
About the role:
- Develop and review the impact framework for EQT Medical Research & Health
- Provide specialized advice to philanthropic clients
- Contribute to trust granting strategy development
- Source and assess program-aligned funding.
- Evaluate grant applications for community impact
- Manage EQT trust processes
- Establish external stakeholder relationships
- Actively network in the philanthropic sector
- Contribute to philanthropy strategy
- Create discretionary distribution programs
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Philanthropy or for-purpose sector experience
- Sound knowledge of the medical research and health sectors
- Understanding of philanthropy and structured giving
- Strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Trusted advisor experience and effective stakeholder management skills
- Inquisitive with research and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in ICT, including Microsoft Office and databases/CRMs.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
What we offer:
- A warm, open, and supportive culture
- An attractive remuneration package, including reward and recognition programs
- An employee wellness program, including discounted health insurance and an employee assistance program
- A workplace volunteering and giving program to enable you to help others in the community
- We are proud to be part of the Top 30 Best Workplaces to Giveback 2022
- Discounted tax and estate planning services
- Great central CBD location, Modern office fit-out and end-of-trip facilities.
- Flexible/Hybrid working environment