Friday, 15 Sep 2023
- Performing arts industry
- Creative, energetic and dynamic work environment
- Full-time 2-year term appointment
Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) is one of Australia’s leading centres for live performance. Welcoming over 1.5 million visitors to more than 1200 performances each year, we embrace the best in live performance – the world renowned alongside the emerging, local and new – and connect to the stories and ideas at the heart of each production. Through the warmth and expertise of our staff, we have become a trusted curator, presenter and host; a place to come together to relax, reflect, share stories and celebrate.
An exceptional opportunity currently exists for a suitably experienced and motivated individual to join our Philanthropy team in the full-time two-year term role of Philanthropy Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy, this role will manage key strategic initiatives and champion a culture of philanthropy in support of QPAC’s strategic ambitions.
In this role you will be responsible for a range of duties, including:
- Managing the implementation of fundraising strategies with donors, trusts and foundations to meet annual targets.
- Organising donor functions and events, together with the QPAC events team.
- Managing a designated portfolio of supporters from the donor pipeline by creating compelling donor journeys and building meaningful connection, value and engagement.
- Research and proactively identify potential donors, trusts, foundations, and bequest donors.
- Research and write creative grant proposals; oversee, monitor, and manage proposal deadlines, proposal submissions, contracting, delivery and reporting.
You should possess a demonstrated track record of achievement in previous fundraising positions, experience in strategy development and knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques in the area of philanthropy and cultural partnerships, and experience in multi-year budget development.
Ideally you will hold tertiary qualifications in Communication and/or Marketing, or other relevant area. You will possess exceptional communication, negotiation and presentation skills, sound judgement and decision making, self-motivation, excellent organisation and networking skills, along with the highest level of discretion, integrity and a total commitment to the organisation.
This is not a 9 to 5 position, and the successful candidate will be required to have a high degree of flexibility in work times, including frequent evening and weekend work and the ability to travel and to entertain corporate and foundation donors and potential donors.
HOW TO APPLY
The application pack, including the position description and details on how to apply, can be found at www.qpac.com.au/careers/jobs. For any queries, please contact the People and Safety Unit on (07) 3840 7425.
Applications close Friday 15th September 2023 at 5:00pm
The Queensland Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer.