Sunday, 17 Sep 2023
Are you ready to turn your passion for making a difference into a career that truly matters?
At Good Sammy, we’re on a mission to create employment opportunities for people with disability, and we’re seeking a dynamic and dedicated Philanthropy Manager to help us drive change.
Imagine waking up every day knowing that your work isn’t just a job – it’s a powerful force for good. As our Philanthropy Manager, you’ll be at the forefront of our mission, bring our philanthropic strategy to life, forging meaningful connections, and exceeding fundraising targets to fuel our impact.
If you’re someone who thrives on making connections, loves the thrill of exceeding goals, and believes in the power of philanthropy to change the world, we want to hear from you. Join us in transforming workplaces and society to create a better, more inclusive future.
Who you’d be working for:
Good Sammy is a for-purpose organisation creating employment opportunities for people with disability. We’ve been around since 1958 and, as a registered NDIS provider, we are committed to delivering personalised and high-quality services that lead to real employment outcomes.
With a workforce of more than 600 individuals, including around 50% who are people with disability, we are dedicated to fostering inclusion, reducing waste, and championing the circular economy.
Our efforts to make a difference extend beyond the workplace. Good Sammy is a driving force in sustainability, keeping nearly 7 million kilograms of used goods out of landfills annually. Our operations span various social enterprises, each contributing to our greater purpose.
- Retail: Our op shops are the public face of Good Sammy. They serve as platforms for individuals with disabilities to explore the retail industry, supply chain operations, and logistics. By supporting these enterprises, we are nurturing skills, breaking stereotypes, and promoting community engagement.
- Hospitality: We recently opened our first ‘Good Thanks’ café, creating more customer-facing roles for people with disability, which are critical in breaking down some of the stereotypes that exist in the community.
- Business services: Our diverse business services encompass warehousing, logistics, packaging, assembly, and gardening. By providing these services to the Western Australian business community, we’re not only delivering quality work but also offering secure employment in an environment that values safety and structure.
- Containers for Change: With a commitment to environmental responsibility, we operate a large-scale Containers for Change social enterprise. This initiative not only supports our mission but also contributes to a more sustainable future.
Good Sammy’s training academy also provides structured learning and work experience opportunities through our contemporary programs, helping participants to build skills and confidence.
As a Philanthropy Manager, you will be at the heart of our mission. Your role is multifaceted and pivotal: you’ll establish and execute our philanthropic strategy, cultivating relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and foundations. By meeting and exceeding annual fundraising targets, you will secure the resources we need to make a real difference. Your efforts in donor stewardship and grant assessment will ensure that every dollar is maximised for impact. Moreover, your ability to promote a culture of philanthropy within our organisation will inspire others to join us in making a tangible difference in the lives of those we serve. Your work as a Philanthropy Manager will be the catalyst for transformation, driving our mission forward and creating lasting change in our community.
What you’ll do:
- Drive strategy: Execute our philanthropic strategy, positioning Good Sammy as a leader in the field.
- Forge lasting relationships: Cultivate and steward relationships with high-net-worth individuals, corporations, trusts, and foundations, expanding our network of supporters.
- Exceed fundraising goals: Meet and surpass annual fundraising targets through innovative campaigns and initiatives.
- Compelling appeals: Plan and deliver a captivating annual appeal program that inspire action and generosity.
- Donor engagement: Host engaging events, from round table functions to donor receptions, strengthening our donor community.
- Stewardship excellence: Ensure top-tier donor stewardship with comprehensive reporting and year-round communication.
- Database mastery: Maintain accurate donor records and interactions in our donor database.
- Philanthropic culture: Promote a culture of philanthropy within the organisation, fostering a giving mindset.
- Grant opportunities: Identify and assess grant opportunities, supporting grant applications and acquittals.
- Executive support: Collaborate with the Executive Team, CEO, and Board Members to implement philanthropic activities.
Who you’ll work alongside:
You will be part of the Brand, Marketing and Communications team, and report directly to the General Manager – Brand, Marketing and Communications. You will be supported by a talented and passionate marketing and events team, with access to an incredible Brand and Marketing Agency.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven track record: 3-5 years of successful fundraising, sales, or business development experience.
- Relationship wizard: Demonstrated ability in account and relationship management, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Fundraising dynamo: A history of consistently meeting and exceeding income targets.
- Networking pro: Exceptional networking skills, with the ability to inspire and engage donors and stakeholders.
- Master multitasker: Capability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Organisational guru: Strong planning and organisational skills, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
- Communications maestro: Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Passion for purpose: A deep commitment to our mission of creating employment opportunities for people with disability.
- Non-profit insight: Experience working within a not-for-profit organisation or fundraising team, understanding the unique dynamics of the sector.
- Philanthropic savvy: Knowledge of ethical fundraising practices and a keen understanding of the philanthropic landscape.
What we can offer you:
- A dynamic workplace where you will be critical to our growth and success.
- Flexible working arrangements
- $90,000 annual salary, with an ability to negotiate for the right candidate – share your value with us!
- Vehicle allowance
- Generous NFP salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Corporate discounts for banking and health insurance
- Staff discount at all Good Sammy stores
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
Join us in making a positive impact in our community. Your dedication can help us transform workplaces and society, and together, we can create a better future for people of all abilities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in a rewarding career that gives back to those living with a disability and the local community then, apply online via Seek.
Good Sammy Enterprises is committed to providing an environment where people are safe, valued and heard, especially vulnerable adults, young people and children,
We strongly encourage applications from people with disability or lived experience, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applicants who need assistance with their application or wish to discuss any potential barriers that may prevent them from applying are encouraged to contract [email protected]
For more information about Good Sammy Enterprises, please visit our website https://goodsammy.com.au/