Principal Advisor, Evidence in Practice
Thursday, 29 Feb 2024
Are you passionate about driving evidence-based transformation in child and family services? Do you have a solid track record in designing and implementing evidence-informed practices in human services? Are you interested in joining a diverse, global team that values its people, nurtures professional growth and emphasizes collaboration? If so, the CEI team would love to hear from you.
Location: Melbourne (hybrid)
Remuneration: $120 – $140k plus super
Who is the Centre for Evidence & Implementation (CEI)?
At CEI, we believe sound evidence and effective implementation have the power to solve our most pressing social problems. We work with policymakers, practitioners, organisational leaders and funders – motivated by our mission to close the gap between what we know (from research) and what we do (in practice).
An independent not-for-profit organisation with offices Melbourne, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Oslo, we are passionate about using our expertise to improve the lives of children, families and communities.
Our core areas of work encompass:
- Translating research into actionable insights.
- Implementing evidence into routine practice using implementation science.
- Rigorous evaluation of policies, practices, and programs.
- Fostering cultures that value evidence for tangible change.
To find out more about CEI, please visit www.ceiglobal.org
What will the Principal Advisor – Evidence in Practice do?
As the Principal Advisor for Evidence in Practice, you will play a pivotal role in reshaping the child and family services paradigm in Victoria – guiding a portfolio of projects focused on implementing evidence in frontline services.
Leading a team of three advisors, you will:
- Design and implement evidence-informed programs and practices, including the development of essential tools and frameworks.
- Lead major projects, using evidence-based methodologies and preparing comprehensive reports.
- Guide consultations, designs, and the rollout of programs grounded in evidence, supporting agencies throughout their adoption journey.
- Develop and deliver training and on-the-job coaching to frontline practitioners across a range of human services.
- Coordinate local implementation teams and oversee continuous quality assurance.
- Mentor, supervise, and support internal team members while collaborating with senior staff for efficient resource allocation.
- Contribute to and enhance CEI’s thought leadership in implementation science, program, and service design through workshops and stakeholder consultation.
- Maintain solid stakeholder relations and actively seek out new opportunities.
- Play an active role in CEI’s internal operations, processes, and knowledge management.
What makes me great for this role?
Your expertise in evidence-informed practices, combined with your comprehensive understanding of implementation science literature, will be foundational to your contributions.
Your credentials include:
- A postgraduate degree in psychology, social work, or a related field with 6+ years of experience OR an undergraduate degree with 10+ years in areas such as child welfare, mental health, education.
- Clinical competence in family therapy, CBT, parenting interventions, or similar approaches.
- A track record of designing and implementing evidence-driven practices, programs or interventions in human services.
- Exceptional communication skills, evidenced by your history of delivering training, workshops, presentations, and crafting impactful documents for diverse audiences.
- Excellent client and project management skills, encompassing budgeting, supervision, and conflict resolution.
- The ability to flourish and adapt in dynamic, high-pressure environments.
Why work for CEI?
This is more than a job – it is an opportunity to contribute to systemic change in child protection and embark on a mission-driven career in a rapidly growing organization. Being part of the CEI family offers:
- Purposeful Impact: Drive transformative societal change with robust evidence.
- Diversity: Embrace a culture rich in diverse experiences and values.
- Development: Enjoy continuous opportunities for professional growth.
- Influence: Make tangible contributions in a dynamic setting.
- Global Reach: Collaborate with our international teams in London, Singapore and Norway and work on projects that span continents.
- Community & Collaboration: Thrive in a culture that balances challenging work with fun.
- Career Partnership: Build a lasting career in a supportive environment where we are invested in your journey.
- Work Benefits: Enjoy an extra week of leave and a competitive salary.
- Flexibility: Hybrid work model with an office in lively Carlton.
How do I apply?
Note – while you’re not required to address each competency individually, we encourage you to illustrate how you satisfy as many of the job-related, personal, and qualification competencies as you can.
Applications must be submitted via email: [email protected]
To download a detailed position description please visit https://www.ceiglobal.org/about/careers/vacancies/principal-advisor-evidence-practice
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is a subsidiary of Save the Children Australia, a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
CEI is committed to diversity and inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to CEI’s work. We are driven to improve outcomes for communities facing adversity through leveraging the best available evidence. We actively seek and welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, and with lived experience of the social issues our work addresses and in the communities we aim to serve. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.