Friday, 18 Aug 2023
The Macdoch Foundation is the Australian philanthropic foundation of the MacLeod family. The purpose of the Foundation is to build the resilience of people and the planet, and our work focuses on three areas: agriculture and food systems, climate change solutions, and healthy communities. The Foundation is based in Sydney, and funds and runs programs around Australia and in the USA.
About the role
This new position is responsible for managing the relationships with our Australian portfolio of grantee partners across all three program areas, and supporting the CEO in the execution of the Macdoch Foundation strategy. The position will also contribute to delivering our own programs including Farming for the Future and the Australian HERD Fellowship, as examples.
The position can be based in Sydney or Melbourne and will involve domestic travel. This role can be a part-time or full-time role.
The successful candidate will have experience in strategic grantmaking, be able to work flexibly in a dynamic environment and show a high degree of initiative. Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work successfully with family members, boards, team members and across the not-for-profit sector.
REQUIRED SKILLS/CORE COMPETENCIES
- At least three years’ experience in philanthropic grant-making
- Experience/strong interest in agriculture and food systems; climate change communications and solutions; regional communities and Indigenous peoples.
- Very strong interpersonal/relationship skills and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong strategic and systems-thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High IT competency level with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Excel and grantmaking systems.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- High levels of confidentiality, professionalism and flexibility
- The ability to work independently and as part of a remote team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications