Senior Individual Giving Officer
Monday, 11 Dec 2023
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and passionate environmentalist to join Australia’s leading advocacy organisation tackling invasive species at a very exciting time. The Invasive Species Council has just embarked on a ten-year journey of growth as we make the 2020s the ‘decade of biosecurity’.
To support this growth, ISC is looking for a motivated cash appeals fundraiser to promote our mission and assist the fundraising team in delivering the fundraising programs. The key tasks will be; running several direct mail appeals, online appeals, donor care, and ensuring digital fundraising is cutting edge to deliver to the fundraising strategy and achieve growth targets while working closely with the Senior Fundraising Officer.
You will love writing appeals, have proficient copy writing and digital skills, and be someone who is an open communicator with a keen eye for detail.
- Run the integrated appeals program (direct mail and digital).
- Writing appeals and digital fundraising communications.
- Tracking fundraising performance.
- Set up and run cash appeals ( direct mail, digital) appeals.
- Prepare data briefs for extraction of data for programs and creative briefs for appeal packs.
- Coordinate fundraising administration tasks such as monitoring and ordering fundraising supplies; liaising with services providers such as printers and mail-houses; and assisting in organising meetings and events for the major gifts program when needed.
- Consult on digital supporter growth activities with the marketing team to secure good leads.
- Develop and deliver supporter relations activities and materials for donors.
- With Head of Fundraising and external copywriters, write the appeal.
- Write thank you letters, fundraising related web content, and supporter relation correspondence.
- Proactively contribute to the culture at ISC: a positive, fun, and value-driven culture within the team and ISC.
- Other duties as determined by the Head of Fundraising from time to time.
- Run the annual direct mail and digital survey.
- Timely and accurate delivery of programs and tasks.
- Appeal income targets met.
- The Head of Fundraising’s efforts are well supported.
- A minimum of three years of fundraising experience with a marketing or equivalent degree.
- Sound experience of running successful direct mail and digital (integrated) one off cash appeals.
- Sound understanding of appeal tactics and analysing data to improve program performance and associated revenue.
- Sound understanding of digital marketing techniques and technical requirements to maximise performance.
- Excellent appeal copywriting skills and demonstrated ability to maximise results.
- Sound ability to set up emails in a system like Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Nation Builder or equivalent and ability to use basic A/B testing for tracking and optimisation purposes.
- Intermediate skills at Microsoft Word (i.e. mail merge) and Excel programs (i.e. calculations, formulas and basic manipulation of the datasheet).
- Excellent verbal and general written communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to create processes along the way.
- Ability to manage expectations and work well with different teams and stakeholders, and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage production schedules to develop and deliver shared projects.
- Self-motivated, energetic, focused, team player willing to learn, solve problems and expand their fundraising knowledge.
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of people to protect biodiversity by tackling invasive species.
- Understanding of environment, agricultural and/or biosecurity issues.
- Experience working for an advocacy organisation.
- Experience in Canva and basic proficiency in design programs like InDesign and/or Photoshop.
- Fundraising copywriting and lead gen experience.
- Experience running or assisting with major donor events and forums.
Remote home or shared office. Applicants close to Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne/ Brisbane/Katoomba are encouraged to apply. The Invasive Species Council supports decentralised working arrangements.
Please send a resume and a statement explaining how you meet each of the selection criteria to: [email protected]. Applications that do not directly address each criterion will not be accepted.
It is a requirement of working with the Invasive Species Council that you provide evidence that you are up to date with your COVID19 vaccinations.
8:59 am 11 December 2023.
Contact the Chief Operations Officer, Ian Coleman on 0408 274 781 for further information.