Senior Relationship Manager-NSW
Sunday, 15 Oct 2023
The Opportunity to truly change the world
Can you imagine a future where prosperity replaces poverty all over the world? World Vision Australia (WVA) is seeking a world class major gift fundraiser to join the ever-growing national philanthropy team to build and grow major giving in Sydney/NSW, in support of our three signature focus areas: Children, Climate, and Australia First Nations.
Benefits of working with World Vision
- The ability to facilitate co-created projects and offer the highest level of impact for donors, with Australia’s largest International Development charity
- Development opportunities and direct access to the CEO, Board, and senior management for donor meetings and high-level engagement with Australia’s top philanthropists
- Flexible/blended work arrangements as part of a fun and supportive team of local and national Philanthropy professionals
- The ability to change global climate through a transformational campaign to regenerate 1 billion hectares of degraded land, whilst bringing hope and livelihood to communities across the world
- Competitive salary and salary sacrificing benefits
- Opportunities to visit the field and be connected to the impact of your work
- Access to high quality resources from the field, with strong support from marketing, prospect research, etc.
- Secure parking available and amazing views of the city from our conveniently located Potts Point office
This role will report directly to the Philanthropy Manager (NSW/ACT & SA) and is responsible for attaining financial and non-financial targets. This will be achieved through building a pipeline of HNW donor opportunities through the implementation of best practice major gift relationship fundraising.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Using your existing network and connections, alongside existing key connections held by WVA, to grow WVA’s presence and reputation in the HNWI and philanthropic communities across NSW (with a primary focus on Sydney). Representing WVA at events is a regular requirement of the role
- Being donor centred to acquire and build a mature portfolio of major donors based in NSW
- Cultivating referrals at the highest level and delivering a high level of relationship management and supporter experience
- Ensuring that all marketing material, collateral, report backs and major donor facing content is fit for purpose and suitable for a philanthropic / major donor audience
- Mentoring of new or less experienced Relationship Managers as required/requested
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong major giving experience with a preference for some capital campaign experience
- Experience and expertise in developing relationships with major donors, and crafting, implementing major donor strategies and communication plans
- Demonstrated success in closing gift solicitations, ideally at the six-to seven-figure level
- Strong working experience within the not for profit / for purpose sector
- Deep understanding of best practice relationship-based fundraising
- Proficiency with donor/customer databases for analysis and reporting
- Ability to work in a cross-functional structure
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Be well connected, networked and respected in Sydney
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
What you need to know
This role is a permanent position operating in a full-time capacity and will be based in Sydney, NSW offering a blend of office based and work from home.
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
World Vision Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
Why World Vision
World Vision is a global community, working together for the one purpose – to bring about positive change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. People are inspired to work for us because they want to contribute to making a difference in the lives of children and communities, address climate change, and support Australia First Nations. We are part of an international team, using our talent, determination, and influence to invest in a better tomorrow. As a global Christian humanitarian organisation, we provide short-term and long-term assistance and have impacted the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children and people worldwide. With approximately 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision has been engaging people to work towards eliminating poverty and its causes for almost 7 decades.
World Vision Australia delivers life changing impact because we are community-led, child-focused and inspired by our Christian faith.
When it comes to our people, as an organisation we embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds.
Join us and be a true world-changer! For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us