Senior Advisor, Evidence in Practice
January 18th, 2021
- Melbourne or Sydney location
- 2-year contract
- Newly created role
We believe good evidence and effective implementation have the power to solve our most pressing social problems. We are passionate about using our expertise to work with policymakers, practitioners and organisational leaders and funders to effectively use evidence to change lives for the better. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation motivated by our mission to improve the lives of children, families and communities facing adversity. Our work can be summarised in three key areas:
- Making sense of the evidence: We are experts in accessing, synthesising and analysing high-quality research to provide insights into what the evidence says is effective.
- Effectively implementing evidence in practice: Evidence needs to be put into practice to make a difference. We use our expertise in implementation science and practice and program design to identify ways to increase the uptake of research findings into routine practice.
- Trialling, testing and evaluating: We use rigorous methods and tools to trial, test and evaluate policies, practice and programs to ensure they are delivering the best possible outcomes for the communities they serve.
Working closely with other senior staff, the role of the Senior Advisor is to manage and deliver a portfolio of CEI projects, contribute to CEI’s other key areas of work, and contribute to business development activities.
You’ll lead a portfolio of projects focused on implementing evidence in frontline services. You’ll also manage projects, research and evaluation activities and publications depending on the nature of the projects allocated.
- Leading consultation, design, and development of evidence-informed programs and services
- Utilising implementation frameworks to assist agencies to embed evidence-informed ways of working
- Developing and delivering training and on the job coaching to frontline practitioners across a range of human services
- Facilitating local implementation teams, and managing the establishment and operation of continuous quality assurance and evaluation mechanisms
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate degree in psychology, social work, or a related discipline
- A strong grounding in the implementation of science literature
- Significant experience in evidence-informed practices and service delivery, program design and evaluation methods
- Experience providing implementation support for evidence-informed programs and practices in social services settings • A strong philosophical commitment to the scientist‐practitioner model and evidence-informed practice
What’s in it for you:
- • Agile work environment
- • Supportive team with a strong culture and camaraderie
- • Opportunity to work for an impact-focused organisation
- • Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter, a statement addressing the selection criteria and resume to email@example.com.
For the position description, Senior Advisor, Evidence in Practice, please visit our website here.
We know diversity makes a positive difference and our hiring process reflects this value.
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close 5th February 2021.
Centre for Evidence and Implementation