- Start your philanthropy journey or find out how to get started in philanthropy.
- Learn about the different ways you can give in a structured or unstructured manner.
- Hear hints and tips from an existing philanthropist about how they got started.
- Find out about advisers and organisations who can help you.
- Receive PA’s Guide to Giving and start working through some of the handouts.
In this practical 90 minute workshop, you will gain an overview of philanthropy, explore ways to give and get some answers to why, where and how to get started.
Specifically, you will:
- Start to understand the role of philanthropy
- Explore, through worksheets, the motivations, themes and causes that might be relevant to you
- Learn about the different ways you can give in a structured or unstructured manner
- Hear hints and tips from Lisa Rowley of the Rowley Foundation about her family’s giving.
- Find out about advisers and organisations who can help you
- Take home a copy of the PA Guide to Giving to work through at your own pace
Please note that this session will not be recorded.
Registrations will close on Thursday 7 September
This event is primarily for the public and non-Philanthropy Australia members who are new or potential philanthropists. WA Philanthropy Australia members are encouraged to bring a guest. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected]
Dylan Smith – Director, Engagement (WA), Philanthropy Australia
As the founder of the Fremantle Foundation, Dylan is a highly effective collaborator. He has formed strong relationships in the social impact sector with community philanthropy, private philanthropy, non-profit leaders, government officials and elected members.
Lisa Rowley – Director, Rowley Foundation
Graeme Rowley started the Rowley Foundation in 2010. The fundamental aim of the Rowley Foundation is to provide WA’s youth with opportunities to enhance life experiences in the areas of arts, sport and education with an end goal to improve the health of our community in Western Australia.
Graeme’s two daughters, Jo Rezos and Lisa Rowley manage the Foundation towards this Mission.
Lisa will share stories and insights into her family’s giving journey.