Philanthropy Australia presents a workshop tailored to Private Ancillary Funds (PAFs). The Governance Essentials workshop will discuss both the general principles and specific details for running a PAF and is an opportunity for individuals and organisations with recently established PAFs to familiarise themselves and for more established to refresh their knowledge. You will have the opportunity to discuss particular issues and ask questions relating to your family, foundation or organisation. These workshops are an excellent opportunity to gain a holistic understanding and identify key elements of governance specific to a PAF structure.
This session is for board members and staff of Private Ancillary Funds (PAFs) and is particularly relevant for board, chairs and those filling the Responsible Person role for any PAF.
- To understand the rules of governing PAFs, the ATO Guidelines, relevant legislation, responsibilities of trustees, investing and grantmaking.
- To learn from some of the issues that have arisen with PAF administration over the last decade
- To be able to discuss particular issues and ask questions relating to your family, foundation or organisation.
Philanthropy Australia Members: $420
Non – members: $680
- This is a face-to-face session with limited spaces.
- Specific Governance training for Directors is a legitimate cost for PAFs.
- David Ward will share his thoughts and views in conversation, but will not offer any financial advice.
David Ward – Technical Director and Board Member of Australia Philanthropic Services (APS)
David is the Technical Director and Board Member of APS which provides administration, compliance and Grantmaking services to over 300 Private Ancillary Funds. David is the author of the Philanthropy Australia’s Trustee Handbooks including the Private Ancillary Fund Trustee Handbook (2009, 2016 and 2020). He was on the Council of Philanthropy Australia for 10 years. He was also a member of the international panel that developed the Investment Management Code of Conduct for Endowments, Foundations and Charitable Organisations for the CFA Institute (2009-2010). David had 20 years’ experience as a financial market executive with ANZ including as Managing Director ANZ Trustees, General Manager Investor Relations, and Chief Economist ANZ NZ.