Impact Investing Hub and Philanthropy Australia present an Impact Investing Webinar Series for 2023. This three-part series will explore how for-purpose organisations can improve financial sustainability and scale their impact by exploring new revenue streams and funding opportunities, including impact investment and philanthropy.
1. Diversifying Revenue | Friday 8th September, 12.00PM – 1.30PM AEST [FREE]
- Understand why it’s important for organisations to diversify their revenue
- Explore the revenue streams available to for-purpose organisations
- Identify the key considerations when selecting revenue streams for an organisation
Facilitator: Jon Davies; additional speakers to be announced.
2. Impact Investing 101 | Friday 15th September, 12.00PM – 1.30PM AEST
- An understanding of impact investing as an approach and how it differs from traditional investment, philanthropy and other responsible and ethical investment approaches.
- Learn about the global and Australian market landscape
- Explore case studies of different impact investments and get access to a range of resources to support investors.
Facilitator: Andrew Tyndale and Rob Haggett; additional speakers to be announced.
3. Catalytic Capital | Friday 22nd September, 12.00PM – 1.30PM AEST
- Learn about blended finance and how catalytic capital can bring together investors with a shared vision for impact.
- Understand the catalytic role that foundations can play in funding ‘the missing middle’, and the changing shape of philanthropy in Australia as more foundations explore impact investing.
- Hear different perspectives from experienced speakers in the impact investing sector.
Facilitator: Jessica Mendoza-Roth; additional speakers to be announced.
Who should attend?
- Social entrepreneurs, social enterprise teams.
- Not-for-Profit teams.
- Corporate and Philanthropic Foundations providing wrap-around support to grantees and looking to better assist their beneficiaries.
Rob Haggett | Head of Mobilising Capital at Social Impact Hub; Impact Investing Hub
Rob Haggett is the Head of Mobilising Capital at the Social Impact Hub and leads Impact Investing Hub. He has worked on projects with Westpac Foundation, Paul Ramsay Foundation, MinterEllison and Impact Investing Australia as well as managing the NSW Department of Communities and Justice’s Social Sector Transformation Fund (SSTF). Rob previously worked in international development, specialising in responsible finance and measurement initiatives in Nepal, Indonesia and Cambodia as well as co-leading Deloitte’s Social Impact Consulting team in Australia. He has sat on a number of boards and advisory groups and was previously CEO of Pocket City Farms, a social enterprise focused on sustainability and regenerative agriculture.
Andrew Tyndale | Professional Impact Network Member at Social Impact Hub & Chief Investments and Assets Officer at Wesley Mission
Andrew is an investment professional passionate about supporting the impact ecosystem, with over 35 years of investment banking and funds management experience. Since 2009, Andrew has been focused on supporting the social sector through Impact Property in areas such as affordable housing and aged care.
Highly skilled in investment readiness, business development, capital raising and strategic planning, Andrew also brings significant experience in social finance, fundraising and governance to the social sector. He has advised major foundations and governments on using investment capital to achieve greater outcomes and address challenging global problems. Andrew has held numerous commercial and not-for-profit board roles, as well as been extensively involved in international aid organisations.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) and is a Fulbright Professional Scholar.
Jessica Mendoza-Roth | Founder & CEO at Social Impact Hub; Impact Investing Hub
Jessica is the Founder and CEO of the Social Impact Hub. The Social Impact Hub advises, educates, collaborates and mobilises capital for impact. Jessica is also a consultant to the impact investment sector, having served as the Impact Strategist for Blue River Group, an independent impact investment services firm, and opened the Sydney office of Impact Investment Group. Previously, Jessica was a Solicitor at King & Wood Mallesons in Sydney. She holds a B.A. and LL.B. (with First Class Honours) from UNSW and a LL.M. from Harvard Law School, where she was the recipient of the R.G. Menzies Scholarship to Harvard, and she studied social entrepreneurship, philanthropy and impact investing.
The Impact Investing Hub is an initiative of the Social Impact Hub. The Impact Investing Hub supports the growth of the Australian impact investing community by providing an inclusive platform that educates, inspires and connects.
This event is subsidised by our Impact Investing Champions – the Snow Foundation, the Manos Foundation, the Yarranabbe Foundation & Siddle Family Foundation. Please contact [email protected] if you’re keen to support the growth of the impact investing ecosystem.