Philanthropy Australia and UniSA are pleased to present:
Measuring Philanthropic Impact –an open event for the South Australian philanthropic community
There are different ways to understand measurement and impact for philanthropy. There are also varying ways to research and interpret outputs, outcomes and impact.
Impact can also be experienced viscerally. Are limits to be pushed? We dare you to find out.
Sensory Impact exhibition
Please join us from 5pm to explore and experience sensory impact by participating in VIP tours of MOD.’s new immersive exhibition FLEX and enjoy a drink and canapes.
- Alter your form and find ways to play, where your body and the rules of the space it inhabits are different than here on Earth
- Use your breathing to journey through an immersive deconstructed landscape and see if you make it out the other side
- Navigate ethical challenges and tell us, where do you draw the line?
- FLEX that bit further, let’s see what you are capable of
From 5:45pm we will hear from our co-hosts and panellists and then answer some of your burning questions about measurement.
Our co-hosts and panellists will discuss themes, including:
- What is impact – for funders, fund seekers and society?
- How do we measure what we are doing is working and for whom?
- How / can we measure tangible and intangible impact?
- How do we start to include beneficiaries’ voices and address power imbalances (themes from Philanthropy Australia’s 2022 Telescope Survey)
This event is generously co-hosted by University of South Australia (UniSA).
Ms Sharon McGann, National Engagement Manager (SA), Philanthropy Australia
Our Host – Welcome and Acknowledgement of Country:
UniSA Chancellor, Ms Pauline Carr
- Ms Alexandra Dimos – Managing Director, Nunn Dimos Foundation
- Dr. Colin Taylor – Chief Advancement Officer, UniSA
- Mr Brett Smith – Chief Executive Officer, Rural Business Support
Venue: Join us at MOD., UniSA’s futuristic museum of discovery and a place to be inspired by ideas at the intersection of science, art, and innovation.
UniSA, North Terrace, adjacent Morphett Street Bridge, Adelaide
Parking: The closest parking is at UPark Light Square, 22-140 Currie St, Adelaide or Adelaide Convention Centre