Who we are and our values
Learn more about Philanthropy Australia, our vision, purpose and values.
Philanthropy Australia is the peak body for philanthropy in Australia.
Our vision is a generous and inclusive Australia.
Our purpose is to inspire more and better philanthropy.
Philanthropy Australia is the peak body for philanthropy. We serve a community of funders, social investors and social change agents working to achieve positive social, cultural, environmental and community change by leveraging their financial assets and influence.
Our membership consists of trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries, corporates and not-for-profit organisations.
Learn more about Our team and Board.
View our Patrons and Life Members.
View our 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
View our current and previous Annual Reports here: Annual Report 2022.
View our resources and information on the Indigenous Voice to Parliament and the role philanthropy plays.
- We respect the inherent dignity of each and every human and each individual’s skills, experience and contribution.
- We acknowledge the special connection of First Nations’ Custodians to the lands and waters on which we work and pay our respects to First Nations Custodians and Elders past and present.
- We value when people give of their time, treasure, talent, and ties, to good causes.
- We encourage philanthropy that makes a real and lasting difference by supporting organisations in their programs, capacity, and advocacy.
- We practice, and foster, collaboration as we build connections for greater impact.
- We encourage funders to be strategic, catalytic, and responsive to need in their giving.
- We create welcoming environments that are safe, inspiring, and fun.
- We are caring and direct in our conversations, accountable for our decisions, and do what we say we’ll do.
- We are committed to deepening trust between donors, service providers and beneficiaries.
- We promote the joy of philanthropy and profile inspiring philanthropy.
- We celebrate and build a culture of learning.
- We create space for all voices to be heard and celebrated.
- We don’t have all the answers and we look to learn from others.
- We grow from our mistakes and our vulnerabilities.
- We carve out time to be still and listen deeply.
- We practice, and encourage, the timely sharing of information, knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- We work as one Philanthropy Australia team with a shared commitment to our vision, purpose and values.
- We share our appreciation with those who support and enable our work.
To learn more about us, see our Strategic Plan and Annual Report.
Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Status Auspicing Policy
Although Philanthropy Australia has Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status, we do not use this DGR status to auspice other organisations, or the programs and projects of other organisations. Philanthropy Australia does not make grants of any kind, nor do we act on behalf of or for any specific individual or organisation.