Marketing and Communications Advisor
Tuesday, 22 Aug 2023
Philanthropy Australia is the national peak body for philanthropy. With a vision of a generous and inclusive Australia, we are driven by our purpose to inspire more and better philanthropy.
The behaviours that underpin our values of Respect, Trust, Humility, Impact, Celebration and Sharing are the foundation of all we do. See who we are and our values.
We are an independent organisation with a membership base of foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profits. We are a growing movement of people and organisations who believe in the importance of giving and creating positive social change.
Our organisation is made up of passionate, supportive and inspiring people, who are driven by our purpose and values.
Philanthropy Australia received Voice Project’s 2023 Change Champion Award and Best Workplace Award.
Working at Philanthropy Australia means you have access to benefits such as:
- Additional 1 week (pro-rata) of leave for Reflection Leave after 12 months of service
- Flexible and hybrid ways of working
- Employee Assistance Program
- A generous learning and development budget
- Generous paid parental and partner leave after 12 months of service
- Learning opportunities, particularly around philanthropy, the not-for-profit sector and specific causes.
We are looking for team members who have an interest in philanthropy or philanthropic causes, to put engagement first in all they do and help us reach our ambitious growth agenda as outlined in PA’s 2022 – 2025 Strategic Plan.
Philanthropy Australia welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We strive to have diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, including, First Nations people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, LGBTQIA+ people, and people of all ages.
We believe in building an inclusive workforce that recognises human difference as a strength and supports our vision for a generous and inclusive Australia.
Philanthropy Australia strives to be a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees and is currently undertaking the Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan.
The Marketing and Communications Advisor will support and collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team in delivering the Marketing and Communications Strategy and key deliverables, including digital and traditional content for the Philanthropy Australia website, Better Giving Hub (BGH), member communications, reports and publications.
The Marketing and Communications Advisor will engage directly and effectively with members and the broader community to deliver engaging, current and accurate content for members, encourage member participation in providing content, and be skilled in general marketing production, digital processes and activities.
- Develop content for all Philanthropy Australia digital and traditional channels and to agreed content schedules in alignment with the Marketing and Communications Strategy.
- In collaboration with the Advisor, News and Storytelling, take the content for the weekly membership e-newsletter Philanthropy Weekly (and the public version) and create the related eDMs in Ortto (an email platform like Mail Chimp, Campaign Monitor and Vision 6).
- Liaise with internal and external content authors to schedule new accurate, relevant and timely content and digital assets.
- Update the Philanthropy Australia website content, as needed, using WordPress.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team, develop and deliver engaging digital assets in line with Philanthropy Australia Brand and Style Guidelines using tools such as Hootsuite.
- Support one of the other Philanthropy Australia teams with their communications objectives, by working closely with that team.
- Use online tactics, tools or platforms that to monitor, support and evaluate Philanthropy Australia’s work (such as Google Analytics).
- Upload job advertisements to the Philanthropy Australia website in a timely manner, in line with Philanthropy Australia’s job advertisement service.
- Support Philanthropy Australia’s membership and events teams to deliver marketing for Philanthropy Australia’s events and programs, including assisting with live event capture and coverage as required.
- In collaboration with the Director, Marketing and Communications use Philanthropy Australia’s media monitoring tool (currently Meltwater) to monitor, track and tag the organisation’s and sector media coverage on a daily basis, and generate regular coverage reports using Meltwater’s inbuilt tools.
- Assist the Director, Marketing and Communications to research, create and develop content for publications, programs and other Philanthropy Australia collateral, materials and communication activities.
- Any other work as directed by Director, Marketing and Communications aligned to the role and capabilities.
As this is a role supports a national program, the ability to represent Philanthropy Australia when needed, to travel interstate if required, and attendance at events out of normal business hours on occasion.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A relevant degree in marketing, digital technologies, media or communications with 3+ years’ experience in the industry.
- Capability in producing web and social media content.
- Experience using CMS platforms and social media management tools (such as WordPress and Hootsuite) to deliver digital content for an organisation.
- Proficient in using email campaign software (such as Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp or Ortto).
- Demonstrated ability to produce content in line with agreed plans and schedules.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and research skills, with the ability to provide diverse writing samples.
- Strong interpersonal skills; includes building effective relationships, positive interactions and effective problem solving.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience using graphic design platform Canva.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of CRMs (such as Salesforce).
- Experience using project management and content planning tools (such as Monday.com).
- Experience using media monitoring and analytical tools (such as Meltwater).
- Experience with survey tools and design (such as Survey Monkey).
- Experience using basic photography, video and audio equipment.
- Experience working in, or demonstrated understanding of, membership-based and/or NFP organisations.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please provide a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role, along with your CV to email [email protected] or apply directly though the job advertisement.
If you are applying through LinkedIn, please include your cover letter and CV in the one document.
Applicants are welcome to submit a video application using their smartphone outlining their experience, interest and suitability to the role, as an alternative to a written application. Please email this directly to [email protected]
We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require adjustments to the recruitment process, we are more than happy to work with you to make the necessary arrangements to ensure a fair and inclusive hiring experience for all.
Applications close Tuesday 22 August, 2023.
For any questions relating to the role and/or position description, please contact: Director, Marketing and Communications, Sophie Marcard ([email protected]).