Two sessions options with a presentation followed by Q&A:
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm AEST, Thursday 6 April 2023
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm AEST, Tuesday 18 April 2023
Online event – meeting details will be provided closer to the event.
The Government’s pledge to develop a Strategy to Double Giving by 2030 looks to be a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a more generous and giving culture in Australia. The process is now gathering pace, with the Productivity Commission commencing its review in February. The Productivity Commission will finalise a draft report later this year, which could position the Government to develop a package of reforms aimed at doubling philanthropic giving in the May 2024 Budget.
We would like to invite you to an event for our members, hosted by Philanthropy Australia’s Sam Rosevear, PA’s Executive Director of Policy, Government Relations and Research, on the Productivity Commission.
This session will:
- Inform: Sam will outline the policy agenda we will advocate to government.
- Seek feedback: Your input will help improve the quality of the Submission, and we will revise the draft prior to submitting the final submission to the Productivity Commission before the 5 May deadline
- Help position you to get involved, should you wish to do so. Following discussions and informed by the draft submission, members may wish to make submissions of their own, or advocate for particular aspects of the agenda.
- Talk government relations. Sam will briefly let you know about our work engaging the government and will welcome any tips from members.
This event is for all members of Philanthropy Australia. If you aren’t sure of your membership status, or want to get in touch about membership, please contact [email protected]