Community Philanthropy Award
Impact through place-based, community-led philanthropy.
Use our online form to nominate someone for the Community Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations will be assessed on the below criteria:
- Addresses place-based challenges and achieves great outcomes for that place.
- Ability to leverage and unlock community assets beyond granting – for example, social capital or research.
- Demonstrates value-adding through convening power – for example, a community foundation or philanthropy group acting as a conduit to local knowledge and need.
- Collaboration and cross-sector partnership.
- Specify the one thing that makes this a knockout nomination.
This award is for activity occurring in the last five years – this may include design, funding, outcomes and/or impact.
To complete our nomination form, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria and give reasons why your nominee should be considered for this award (250 words).
- Describe your nominee’s role in Australian philanthropy (300 words).
- Give evidence of tangible delivery outcomes and impact (300 words).
- Upload at least 2 photos (maximum 5), including a headshot, that can be used for promotional purposes if your nominee is successful.
- Estimate their amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
- Provide at least 3 letters of support (maximum 5) from referees who can verify the nominee’s service, accomplishments and character.
Nominations for the Community Philanthropy Award:
- open [Day Date Month Year]
- close [Day Date Month Year] at 5pm.
Submissions are reviewed by the selection panel for announcement at the Australian Philanthropy Awards celebration. This event is held on [Day Date Month Year] at [Venue].
You will be notified of the outcome of your nomination. If successful, we will be in touch with exciting details before the awards event.
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2022 Community Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
Award stories and events
How to build community belief in time of crisis
|2021||Inner North Community Foundation|
|2020||Give Where You Live Foundation, Geelong Community Foundation and Kids Thrive|