Environmental and Climate Philanthropy Award
This award recognises funding projects or organisations that specifically support the environment or have a specific co-benefit to the environment.
Use our awards website to nominate someone for the Environmental and Climate Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. This award recognises both the ‘funding’ organisation and the ‘doing’ organisation. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations are assessed by the selection panel on the following criteria:
Criteria 1: Explain how your organisation or project addresses climate change and/or restores or protects Australia’s environment. Detail the impact(s) your organisation or project has achieved.
Criteria 2: Explain how your organisation or project aligns with one or more of the following:
• Uses communication tools to either amplify new and different voices or influence broad public sentiment about environmental protection and/or climate change mitigation.
• Exemplifies effective advocacy that influences key decision-makers and/or changes public policy by using a range of tools such as education, research, lobbying and litigation.
• Supports collaboration and coordination rather than competition or supports hidden backbone activities.
• Tests an innovative solution or scales up a solution.
Criteria 3: Detail what makes this an innovative nomination (e.g., excellence in approach, research, collaboration, delivery).
This award is for activity occurring in the last five years – this may include design, funding, outcomes and/or impact, or evaluation assessments.
Nominators remain confidential and only finalists and successful award recipients are announced.
To nominate, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria in Awards Force explaining what makes this an outstanding nomination
- Optional: Estimate the amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
Please note: no payment is required or requested at any stage of the nomination process – entries are free.
Nominations for the Environmental and Climate Philanthropy Award:
- open Thursday 7 December 2023
- close Sunday 25 February 2024 at 11.59pm AEDT
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2024 Environmental and Climate Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
The Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network is focused on growing effective philanthropy to protect nature and secure a safe climate.
|Limb Family Foundation and Guardian Australia
|The Pace Foundation (and 6 other funders) and Beyond Zero Emissions for the 10 Gigawatt Vision