International Philanthropy Award
This award is in recognition of significant achievements in Australian international philanthropy.
The International Philanthropy Award is for grants allocated to domestically based organisations operating overseas that work towards achieving a better and more sustainable future for all through a global measurement framework, such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Use our online form to nominate someone for the International Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations are assessed by the selection panel on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates catalytic use of philanthropic funds to achieve impact towards the SDGs internationally.
- Demonstrates a genuine partnership between the grantmaker and the recipient, which is true to the mission and values of the recipient.
- Demonstrates leadership in contributing to more and/or better international philanthropy by Australians.
- Specify one thing that makes this a knockout nomination.
The timeframe is for activity occurring in the last five years – this may include design, funding, program outcomes and/or delivery of impact.
Nominees remain confidential and only finalists and successful recipients are announced.
To complete our nomination form, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria and give reasons why your nominee should be considered for this award (250 words).
- Describe your nominee’s role in Australian philanthropy (300 words).
- Give evidence of tangible delivery outcomes and impact (300 words).
- Upload at least 2 photos (maximum 5), including a headshot, that can be used for promotional purposes if your nominee is successful.
- Estimate their amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
- Provide at least 3 letters of support (maximum 5) from referees who can verify the nominee’s service, accomplishments and character.
Nominations for the International Philanthropy Award:
- open [Day Date Month Year]
- close [Day Date Month Year] at 5pm.
Submissions are reviewed by the selection panel for announcement at the Australian Philanthropy Awards celebration. This event is held on [Day Date Month Year] at [Venue].
You will be notified of the outcome of your nomination. If successful, we will be in touch with exciting details before the awards event.
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2022 International Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
Award stories and events
Awards case study: Developing the best health protection in emergency response
When Cyclone Harold hit Vanuatu, the devastation across the area was significant and lasting: 80 per cent of the nation was suddenly homeless.
|2021||Arup Australasia & Engineers Without Borders Australia|
|2020||Accenture Australia and Good Return for working together to build the financial capability of vulnerable people in Cambodia and Nepal|
An innovation called the My Money Tracker mobile app reveals how the partnership between Good Return and Accenture is helping Cambodians have more control over their economic future.