The Eve Mahlab AO Gender-wise Philanthropy Award
Recognising achievements that advance gender equity through projects or organisations that support women and girls, or the integration of the gender lens.
Use our online form to nominate someone for the Eve Mahlab AO Gender-wise Philanthropy Award.
Nominations are welcomed from Philanthropy Australia members, non-members, supporters and friends of our partner organisations.
The Australian Philanthropy Awards are open to all members of the Australian philanthropic and broader social change community. You are able to nominate your own organisation.
Nominations are assessed by the selection panel on the following criteria:
- Demonstrates gender analysis of the issue being addressed.
- Demonstrates how the investment targeted women and girls and led to better outcomes.
- Demonstrates a genuine collaborative and evidence-based approach to the design, delivery, evaluation and reporting on the initiative.
- Demonstrates leadership in gender-wise philanthropy and advancing gender equality – for example, your commitment is evident in your philanthropic strategy, funding practices and/or influence.
- Specify the one thing that makes this a knockout nomination.
This award is for activity occurring in the last five years – this may include design, funding, outcomes and/or impact.
Nominees remain confidential and only finalists and successful recipients are announced.
To complete our nomination form, you will need to:
- Address the selection criteria and give reasons why your nominee should be considered for this award (250 words).
- Describe your nominee’s role in Australian philanthropy (300 words).
- Give evidence of tangible delivery outcomes and impact (300 words).
- Upload at least 2 photos (maximum 5), including a headshot, that can be used for promotional purposes if your nominee is successful.
- Estimate their amount of philanthropic investment – financial and non-financial.
- Provide at least 3 letters of support (maximum 5) from referees who can verify the nominee’s service, accomplishments and character.
Nominations for the Eve Mahlab AO Gender-wise Philanthropy Award:
- open [Day Date Month Year]
- close [Day Date Month Year] at 5pm.
Submissions are reviewed by the selection panel for announcement at the Australian Philanthropy Awards celebration. This event is held on [Day Date Month Year] at [Venue].
You will be notified of the outcome of your nomination. If successful, we will be in touch with exciting details before the awards event.
Thank you for supporting the Australian Philanthropy Awards through this nomination. To receive updates, you can sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this year’s Australian Philanthropy Awards, contact us at [email protected]
The 2022 Eve Mahlab AO Gender-wise Philanthropy Award is presented in partnership with:
Award stories and events
Awards case study: A new path to changing our politics
In the immediate aftermath of the national outrage about the treatment of women in Parliament, Dr Meredith Martin, the Director of the Pathways to Politics Program for Women, took a telephone call.
|2021||Trawalla Foundation, Women’s Leadership Institute Australia and the University of Melbourne (Pathways to Politics Program for Women)|
|2020||Brian and Virginia McNamee Foundation and WIRE for the Purse Project|